2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps.

Is anyone else having rainwater leak into.their boot, through the trim on the hatch itself?

Thought it was condensation, but after the recent rainfall, opening the boot, water runs out between the trim on both interior handles, and around the latch. It also all pools up on the inner seal.

Booked into Honda, but just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed quite a lot of water in the boot what looked like originating from the lock area, I figured it had run in when the boot had opened, think I'll take a closer look next time, mine is in for service on Monday so will mention it. TC

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed quite a lot of water in the boot what looked like originating from the lock area, I figured it had run in when the boot had opened, think I'll take a closer look next time, mine is in for service on Monday so will mention it. TC

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Yeah, it comes in around the lock, and both handles for me, it just pours in, the pics I took were just after when it had reduced to drips.

It only happens if it been sat in rain for a short while. If it's being driven in the rain, it's fine.

My car's booked in for the 6th Jan for a few bits of investigation work, hopefully it's all remedied.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cars back from the dealers.

Water leak is fixed, the high level brake light trim/spoiler is affixed with 8 plastic clips, one of those had become loose and was allowing water into the boot.

They removed all the boot lid trim, removed the brake light trim and reinstalled it with new clips, sealed it and put it back together. Tested and no longer leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts