2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 57 plate type S GT diesel that has developed a water leak over the last couple of weeks.Warranty ran out two weeks ago so the dealers are not interested in giving me any help.Done a water test myself and cant see where it`s coming in.The water is dripping from the sound deadening just above the brake and accelerator pedal and soaking my carpet.its an original Honda screen so i don't think its coming from the window.Has anybody else had this problem or any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have a 57 plate type S GT diesel that has developed a water leak over the last couple of weeks.Warranty ran out two weeks ago so the dealers are not interested in giving me any help.Done a water test myself and cant see where it`s coming in.The water is dripping from the sound deadening just above the brake and accelerator pedal and soaking my carpet.its an original Honda screen so i don't think its coming from the window.Has anybody else had this problem or any suggestions would be great.
I've known of an audi with the same problem. It turned out to be a drainage pipe for water that had gotten blocked with leaves. Perhaps you could see if this is causing it?
Two weeks out of warranty, i think your dealer should make a good gesture and help you with it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
leak

Check just behind your bonnet, between the bonnet and the windscreen.Under the grill there is drain holes.
Sometimes they get plugged by leaves and dirt.
Clean it out and your prob should be fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts