2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

First time poster here.

I know we've all seen enough boot leak posts but I am having a hard time finding one specific to my issue. Today I removed all of the rear trim in my 2008 EX and have isolated the leaks to the roof seals and also found there to be a huge issue at the fuel filler door. Water was pouring in at the base of the filler door inside the car when a hose was set upon it.

Does anybody have experience with a leak at this location? Would putting compressed air through the drain hole in the fuel bay help at all? Does anyone know where the other end of the drain hole comes out? Is it more likely that a seal ring has gone?

I await your inveterate knowledge with baited breath.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I don't know if it's the same, but on a 9G the drain hole just under the filler cap gets blocked, and can be easily unblocked with a cotton bud, small cable tie, bicycle brake/gear cable etc-- just feed it in gently and give it a twiddle until the gunk is dislodged.

·
i-Vtec
4,860 Posts
What Bill says. There is a tiny hole directly below the filler, this gets blocked.

·
Super Moderator
4,136 Posts
that drain exits in the wheel arch and should be obvious as it pours down onto the axle.

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
505 Posts
Just been out and checked mine, think someone was growing potatoes in there, you can see the drain is completely blocked and there was a thick layer of dirt over it ☹ Also the rubber seal looks like it’s starting to perish, are these an easy swap? Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts