2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my Civic has sprung a leak and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction!

It's an '07 Civic Type-S (3 door) and when I got in the other day I noticed a damp smell. Looked at the driver-side mat and it wasn't the right shade of grey - and I soon found out why, it was all wet! Took the mat out and the carpet underneat was sodden too. Pressing on it firmly, just below the rubber bit, would cause water to come up to the surface.

I think it's water (though I'm not tasting it :p) but the car seems dry everywhere else. I don't see any obvious leaks, but I'm not entirely sure where to look either.

Took it to Honda yesterday, they charged me nearly £50 to look at it and said they couldn't see anything wrong. They 'suspect' it could be the windscreen, but said they'd have to rip out some of the interior and do further tests that would cost around £500. They may also have to remove the windscreen, but said they couldn't guarantee against cracks etc so if it broke I'd have to pay for a new one of those too.

Long story short, Honda (Telford) didn't seem to know what might be causing it. They told me my car's now out of warranty and it's not going to be cheap to diagnose and/or fix.

Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? I'm hoping I can remedy the problem myself somehow, or at least find the leak so I can tell Honda what to fix. :confused:

Any help would be very much appreciated!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Usually would be the windscreen or round the driver side fender and firewall, where the the windscreen water drains down.

Either way I wouldnt recommend trying it yourself.

Alot of big bits will need to come off and if it the windscreen it will need to be removed and resealed.

If the dealer is expensive try a local bodyshop, however unfortuantely it is a flipping pain and time consumming problem to try solve. Took me 4 trips to a bodyshop when I had a similar issue in my old pickup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts