2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

looking for some help before I get a heart attack:)

was parking outside for a few days (some were rainy), reparked my 2007 Civic Hatchback today and noticed the something is leaking underneath the car

stopped, engine was on but have not noticed anything dripping, started to move and again I have seen the spots again, tried to find the source and seems there is a whole from where water(?) is dripping just in from of the right back tire

any idea what could this be?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the car was standing there for a few days and I have not used AC recently

also it was not dripping from the middle but almost underneath the sill in front of the right back tire

I would upload a picture but I need some more posts:)

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,229 Posts
the car was standing there for a few days and I have not used AC recently

also it was not dripping from the middle but almost underneath the sill in front of the right back tire

I would upload a picture but I need some more posts:)
I was going to say maybe rain getting in through the Filler cap and leaking down the drain hole to the floor but that would be on the Left hand rear...

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Only liquid I can think of by tge rear tyres would be brake fluid. Are you brake lines looking in good shape? Are they stock ones and how old?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,229 Posts
Is it definitely water? The fuel tank is located under the drivers seat and the hose that connects to it goes from rubber to steel and is prone to leak...... That's close to the rear right.. Happened to mine and ended up with Diesel everywhere, just a drip at first then led to the rear of the car getting coated in it before I realised.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I get water under engine, all my fluid levels have allways been fine, 100% sure its air con condensation on mine, my heating and ventilation is always set on auto 19 deg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AC condensation is somewhere rather in the middle + I have not used AC for couple of days now
no puddles inside complete dry under the seats as well
brake lines are stock and in quite good shape
if it would be fuel I would smell it I guess
rear doors are empty as I am cleaning quite regularly as I had this issue before (passenger door was full I felt I am cruising a ship:))

so all I could imagine is water, but let`s see if it is keep dripping today than time to visit the garage:)
Thanks for all the hints guys

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I wouldn't pay a garage to find where non engine related liquid was leaking from. I'd be waiting for the next time and find exactly where it's leaking from.

Presumably you have removed the bottom door bungs and binned them ?

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,229 Posts
I wouldn't pay a garage to find where non engine related liquid was leaking from. I'd be waiting for the next time and find exactly where it's leaking from.

Presumably you have removed the bottom door bungs and binned them ?
Hi Kremmen, a bit off topic ut is it worth while removing the door bungs from the 9G? Don't want any water build up either if it's an ongoing issue...

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
The 9G system is totally different. They have a door wide strip. Never seen any posts relating to any Civic issues from the MY09 facelift when the bungs were replaced.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts