2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've picked up my 2.2 SE on Sat and all seem s to be fine with it, Just one little thing. I seem to be getting a small amount of water on my driveway from the car :confused: . The water doesn’t seem to be coming from the engine area but from just behind it.

A mate of mine said it's from the air con but I’m not to sure. Is this normal or should I take it back.

Cheers

PROBBO

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Welcome to the board!

I haven't experienced it myself but I have heard it is possible for a small amount of liquid to drain from the air con system; a friend of mine who also has a Civic has observed this from his, which is a 1.8.

The doors can also drain a little water when opened but this doesn't sound like it's the cause in your case.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Yep, if it's clear/plain water it's definatly from the AC. If it was coolant it would have a slight colour and smell!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Another vote for the A/C.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Me too for the Aircon, used to have a VW Passat that wee'd itself rain, hail or shine.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
And if it's been raining try to open the boot lid and stand right under it. Better yet, tell someone else to do it while you stand back and watch. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
My Old Laguna would have a small trail of water when I parked! Alway the A/C

1 - 10 of 10 Posts