2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, after a wet and windy day in Ireland today noticed this sound on way home. When taking off there's a water sloshing sound coming from pasenger side, either door or underneath in sill,... Anyone had this before. I opened the door and shook it around, no sound. It sounds like a good bit of water wherever it is so fairly worrying!?

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Check along the bottom of your doors for small rubber things, they block a hole that lets water build up in the doors, if its not them then its probably the fuel

·
Sharpshooter
224 Posts
Its fuel in the tank sloshing around, the tank is located under the front seats so it can be noticed, especially when the tank is between 3/4 and 2/4 full.
+1 I have the same problem with mine...

·
Type EX,A guy called Mark
3,435 Posts
Check along the bottom of your doors for small rubber things, they block a hole that lets water build up in the doors, if its not them then its probably the fuel
What Neo said :)

Leave the bungs out.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I had this a while ago, but then went away and forgot about it.

I think it was water build up in my sills/skirts as mine are the type R one's fitted on a 5 door with a gap.

·
What ya at
837 Posts
Hey all, after a wet and windy day in Ireland today noticed this sound on way home. When taking off there's a water sloshing sound coming from pasenger side, either door or underneath in sill,... Anyone had this before. I opened the door and shook it around, no sound. It sounds like a good bit of water wherever it is so fairly worrying!?
If it is water in thats trapped in the doors remove the little plastic clips that are in the drain holes at the bottom of each door and the water will drain away, they can get blocked up with scum and dirt.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
What NeoFlare and Paddy said mate open passenger door and at the bottom there is like a rubber bung that screws off. Take this out and the water will drain out. Also at the top of your door mate check the rubber seal is covering the door to the edge (sorry hard to describe without photos). This happened to mine - I done both of the above and problem solved :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers for the tips lads,.. was water collected in passenger door, removed the little rubber thing and about a litre and a half flowed out! interesting to know the fuel tank is where it is,..... sounds like something in a race car for better centre of gravity or something! ha!
thanks again guys,.... i hate this forum by the way,....costing me a small fortune getting ideas from you lot!

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Tell me about it, need to hide your wallet

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Ive had the same problem and initially I thought it may be the fuel but then since I had just filled the whole tank,I realised its something else.It was water inside the door,so I drained it out and checked all seals which seem ok. Still wondering how the water got in?ive got a slight crack in the wing mirror lens,could this cause water ingress?
Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
My 06 used to fill with water that I had to drain off from time to time via the door drain plugs. Try leaving the plugs out then it can't collect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts