2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

As the title suggests, I want to install my water temp gauge. From all the research that I have done on this forum and many others, I have found that many people have suggested tapping into a port near the thermostat housing. Does any one know which port these people are talking about????

I know the easiest option by far, would be to install an inline adapter in the top hose and connect the sensor to that. But, again from the research, I have found that this may not be the most accurate way of measuring the water temp. Again, has any one got any advice for or against?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and pictures would speak a billion words to me.

Cheers

Tony

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
I take it you have an automatic?

Because the aussie Si has the gear selector display where the water temp gauge should be if it is an auto.
manuals are normal as they have it and i cant think of why honda would remove the temp gauge and replace it with a gear selection display.

It may be as simple as just replacing the gauge unit with one from a manual.

For those confused, this is how our autos gauge cluster looks like.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. I may have neglected to mention that the gauge that i want to install is an autometer aftermarket gauge. I do have the temp gauge on the dash, but i want to build my own little gauge cluster.

Hope that clears some things up.

Tony

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have them also. I would like to add the water temp to the cluster. Hence the reason i asked the question.

Sorry to sound a little condescending, but im getting frustrated with all the research that i have done and still the answer alludes me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts