2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd share my Honda experience - great site, wish i'd found it before i picked mine up.

Anyway, after a few very happy miles in my new ES it started raining and the front passenger footwell filled up with water.
Took it to the nearest Honda dealer who was really helpful, found the leak (somewhere behind the glove box) and sealed it. A week or so later it rained again and got more water in. This time it went to my local dealer who i bought the car from. They had it 4 days and sorted my leak. Five minutes before i was due to pick it up i got a call asking me if i knew the plastic trim in the passenger footwell had been cracked? When i said 'no' the service manager said it must have been the other dealers crew who'd broken it when they were investigating the problem (phoned them and they didnt know anything about it). The service manager then said he could get me a quote to replace it at which point our conversation ended.

I'm now in contact with Honda CR. Waited nearly two weeks now with no resolution, i've chased twice and still nowt. Last update they were trying to find a part number. Is this what i can expect from CR and my dealer?

For the record i have the scratched blue glass on dash, squeaky windscreen (when its cold), sticky fuel cap, cracking speaker and dodgy radio. Get the feeling I'm going to be fairly weel aquainted with them.

Still, they aint having it back, the car's awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just thought i'd share my Honda experience - great site, wish i'd found it before i picked mine up.

Anyway, after a few very happy miles in my new ES it started raining and the front passenger footwell filled up with water.
Took it to the nearest Honda dealer who was really helpful, found the leak (somewhere behind the glove box) and sealed it. A week or so later it rained again and got more water in. This time it went to my local dealer who i bought the car from. They had it 4 days and sorted my leak. Five minutes before i was due to pick it up i got a call asking me if i knew the plastic trim in the passenger footwell had been cracked? When i said 'no' the service manager said it must have been the other dealers crew who'd broken it when they were investigating the problem (phoned them and they didnt know anything about it). The service manager then said he could get me a quote to replace it at which point our conversation ended.

I'm now in contact with Honda CR. Waited nearly two weeks now with no resolution, i've chased twice and still nowt. Last update they were trying to find a part number. Is this what i can expect from CR and my dealer?

For the record i have the scratched blue glass on dash, squeaky windscreen (when its cold), sticky fuel cap, cracking speaker and dodgy radio. Get the feeling I'm going to be fairly weel aquainted with them.

Still, they aint having it back, the car's awesome.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
That is terrible news about the leak, I really hope Honda get it sorted asap.

Get the dealers to replace the cap with a new version,a nt the speaker, too. Both those can be done in an afternoon.

Welcome to the site, and I hope you get your problems dealt with quickly. And don't let them try to charge you for damage to the trim!!!

The faults aside, I am glad you still like the car.

You may find it interesting that another member here had water in the foot well, and it turned out to be a leaky hose from the AC system. When it rains, the air is more humid and it could be the condense from the air leaking into your footwell.... Just a thought....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers. They found the leak and fixed it, just smashed up the interior then denied all responsibility in the process.

When i took it into the first dealer and told them about the problem the mechanics took a long, suspicious look at the glass roof, when i asked if they'd had any problems with them they said not with the civics but it was a common fault on CRV's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts