2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the above LSD and already had a quote from yourselves for supply and fit. However, I am wondering how you go about disabling the traction control. I assume it is better to turn it off and rely on the LSD, but will I need to turn it off manually every time I get in the car or can it be permanently disabled?

If it is left on, what will be the consequences? Presumably the LSD will be fighting against the traction control.

Slightly worried as the missus also drives the car and the thought of her driving it without traction control is slightly worrying, especially once it's supercharged!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
If you leave VSA on and drive normally you won't have any issues.

If you drive spiritedly, the VSA will more than likely kick in before the LSD has had chance to fully start working.

It's not the TCS portion of the VSA that you need to be concerned about. Spinning the wheels is more likely to happen with an open diff. What the non-LSD car's VSA system struggles with when you fit an LSD is the yaw sensing, whereby you can get the nose to tuck in so well with the LSD, the car can think the rear is starting to step out where it's not and so applies corrective braking.

Like I said, normal driving you won't even notice. For that reason I didn't get VSA disabled via the Flashpro in case the Mrs drove the car.

It became part of my startup ritual however to just hit the VSA button after the start button to manually disable it.

That's just me. Many people still drive with it on and just turn it off on track.

Brilliant mod though the WaveTrac. I loved mine.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you leave VSA on and drive normally you won't have any issues.

If you drive spiritedly, the VSA will more than likely kick in before the LSD has had chance to fully start working.

It's not the TCS portion of the VSA that you need to be concerned about. Spinning the wheels is more likely to happen with an open diff. What the non-LSD car's VSA system struggles with when you fit an LSD is the yaw sensing, whereby you can get the nose to tuck in so well with the LSD, the car can think the rear is starting to step out where it's not and so applies corrective braking.

Like I said, normal driving you won't even notice. For that reason I didn't get VSA disabled via the Flashpro in case the Mrs drove the car.

It became part of my startup ritual however to just hit the VSA button after the start button to manually disable it.

That's just me. Many people still drive with it on and just turn it off on track.

Brilliant mod though the WaveTrac. I loved mine.

Cheers for detailed info.

Think I will probably go down the same route and simply turn it off when I'm driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I don't think it can be turned off any other way than manually each time you drive the car.

My VSA really fights with the Quaife diff under hard acceleration but the Wavetrac behaves differently apparently.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I don't think it can be turned off any other way than manually each time you drive the car.

My VSA really fights with the Quaife diff under hard acceleration but the Wavetrac behaves differently apparently.
You can disable it through Flashpro (if you have it) can't you? Though that'd be permanent and probably not advisable other than for track purposed cars.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Sry to bring up and old thread :O

Just disable this to permantely disable VSA... however as already said. Not really needed unless its a track car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't realise you could do that. Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts