2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just given my pride and joy the works:

Wash
Clay bar-amazing how much crap came off with that!
Autoglym SRP
Carnuba wax-90min job, but worth it!

My arms are like pop eye's!

K

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Nice. Needs some pics now though. :D

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
:nopics: lol

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
I'm going to pretend it didn't happen that way i dont feel guilty for not doing my weekly wash :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hoping the shine and finish last, because I'll be damned if I'm going to do this every weekend lol

K

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
Carnuba wax is a pig to use, megs nxt is much much easier to apply and buff off

Sent via NecronomiPhon

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to pretend it didn't happen that way i dont feel guilty for not doing my weekly wash :)
I usually feel exactly like that...I blame youtube detailing videos - always looks so much nicer when they're in California, detailing in shorts n t-shirts...this morning was a frigid 2 degrees...thankfully products worked well in the ambient temp...

K

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wax - was a pain to use, but looks great...takes plenty of elbow grease to get a nice buffed shine...like I said, I hope it lasts...

Only downer on the morning was the realisation that I'm going to have to give proper care to the stone chips on my bonnet...more each week. I've got a touch up kit that I've yet to use, or perhaps a respray at some point - depending on cost...

K

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
I can't remember robbo, was a couple of years ago, just found it a lot of work , I'm no expert though

Sent via NecronomiPhon

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
I think the trick with carnauba and other hard waxes is less is more and a panel at a time, if you did the whole car 1st then went back to the 1st section this may explain why it was a 90 min job

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I think the trick with carnauba and other hard waxes is less is more and a panel at a time, if you did the whole car 1st then went back to the 1st section this may explain why it was a 90 min job
Took my time, applying/buffing quarter panels....i.e. I split the roof into quarters and just got on with it...Autoglym SRP is a walk in the park by comparison :)

Used this wax since it got good reviews from AutoExpress...we'll see how it holds up to the elements...

K

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts
Took my time, applying/buffing quarter panels....i.e. I split the roof into quarters and just got on with it...Autoglym SRP is a walk in the park by comparison :)

Used this wax since it got good reviews from AutoExpress...we'll see how it holds up to the elements...

K
Srp isn't a wax its a polish so you can't compare it too wax. Most waxes are easy on off, imh you may have applied your wax too thick and left it on too long. Forgive me if this wasn't your case

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Srp isn't a wax its a polish so you can't compare it too wax. Most waxes are easy on off, imh you may have applied your wax too thick and left it on too long. Forgive me if this wasn't your case
I think you've a point there, I did put on a decent coat - was the first wax I've ever applied to the car since new. Every day's a school day, so I'll likely find the next coat of wax easier to apply/buff appropriately.

How's the RS250 treating you? I had a test drive organised a while back that fell through - car sold before I could get the keys - so I've yet to sample the Renault...going to get something organised one of these weekends...

K

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts
I think you've a point there, I did put on a decent coat - was the first wax I've ever applied to the car since new. Every day's a school day, so I'll likely find the next coat of wax easier to apply/buff appropriately.

How's the RS250 treating you? I had a test drive organised a while back that fell through - car sold before I could get the keys - so I've yet to sample the Renault...going to get something organised one of these weekends...

K
That's why you struggled mate, too thick in application. Anyway the rs, after coming from a type r its an awesome car, quicker, more comfortable, etc etc. take one out mate, you'll be we'll impressed, a step up IMHO although I do miss the hi revving engine note

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Robbo-used ASRP then gave the car a coat of wax to seal everything up nicely.
Wanner-RS250: sounds like you're loving it, i'll have to find out what all the fuss is about soon!

Crap weather today, but paintwork holding up well, rain beading more obviously than before; hope it lasts lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts