2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need I say more spent some quality time with my beloved CTS GT today and gave her 3 washes with autoglym shampoo and some good old turtle wax for a deep rich shine;). In a few weeks might get a clay bar and give it a bash:popcorn:Comments very welcome my apologies pics are from my Iphone 4s need to really find my camera

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Car looks great. :D

Look like you just murdered someone in those gloves!!!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Oooooooooooooooooooooh amazing what you can do with some standard products.

Queue replies from all the die hard cleaning warriors:

"T-cut? on a honda, are you mad!?"

"you need to use warrior glaze-crystal cutter 90000000 and apply it at the same time as claying otherwise its not clean enough!"

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car looks great. :D

Look like you just murdered someone in those gloves!!!
i just had finished doing so when i took the pics lol

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooooooooooooooooooooh amazing what you can do with some standard products.

Queue replies from all the die hard cleaning warriors:

"T-cut? on a honda, are you mad!?"

"you need to use warrior glaze-crystal cutter 90000000 and apply it at the same time as claying otherwise its not clean enough!"
Thanks
lmfao In all honesty this is the first deep wash th GT has had she has always just had a straight up wash and dry and straight away popped and shine but today i got bored and thought best get into it. The T-Cut worked wonders lol:worms:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Good job matey, just find the products and routine that works for you and stick with it, that's what I say!!

Claying is worthwhile to clear all the nasty contaminants from your paint and smooth it ready for polishing etc. Give it a go in the spring when things warm up a bit

Cheers

Nick

Reactions: esse-esse

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great job for just a wash and wax, although the T-Cut is more polish than protection. Get some decent protection on there. If you are going to clay, leave it til the weather warms up. Clay needs to be soft and cold metal will harden it up no time so your hands will ache from neading the bar.

Dont use the T-Cut too much. If the paint work is not bad, Auto Glym Super Resin Polish is great. It has mild abrassives and decent filler.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Great job for just a wash and wax, although the T-Cut is more polish than protection. Get some decent protection on there. If you are going to clay, leave it til the weather warms up. Clay needs to be soft and cold metal will harden it up no time so your hands will ache from neading the bar.

Dont use the T-Cut too much. If the paint work is not bad, Auto Glym Super Resin Polish is great. It has mild abrassives and decent filler.

Good luck.
I've never clayed a car before, is it difficult? Is it like polishing/waxing ..?

·
Administrator
15,519 Posts
I've never clayed a car before, is it difficult? Is it like polishing/waxing ..?
nothing like mate, basically its like a lump of putty but firmer, you take a chunk of it and knead it to flatten it out a bit then with plenty of lubricant ie water/shampoo mix or dedicated sprays glide over your paintwork in a back and forth motion with light pressure. any contamination from the surface of your paint will be on the clay bar then just keep folding it to find clean bits to use. Best bet is to watch some you tube vids:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks awesome man, i need to get some blades!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts