2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening all,

From tomorrow I would of had my Civic 4 weeks. Loving the drive and very proud of my purchase. However I do have the dreaded rusty roof and squeaky clutch pedal! The car is now 7 years old so plan to fix myself.

Once I have fixed my squeaky clutch pedal I am looking for some tailored rubber mats.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I just spray some wd40 or or similar up onto the pedal pivot bushes/mountings.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried the lithium grease spray but it hasn't worked. I think it's the plastic inserts on the spring clicking in and out so plan to mod.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks buddy. I have read most the threads. Tried a couple of fixes. I don't always notice it but it was really bugging me Friday.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Thanks buddy. I have read most the threads. Tried a couple of fixes. I don't always notice it but it was really bugging me Friday.

I'm afraid you need more than WD40, I took mine in to Honda and had a new peddle box and master cylinder at a grand cost of just over £500. I now drive a Merc and the build quality seems better. My CTR was written off RIP.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I'm afraid you need more than WD40, I took mine in to Honda and had a new peddle box and master cylinder at a grand cost of just over £500. I now drive a Merc and the build quality seems better. My CTR was written off RIP.
Maybe there's more than one single cause, but it did cure mine !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts