2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So, does a weight shift knob realy make that much of a diference??

Would like to hear opinions from who has owned both, OEM and Weighted..

Thanks

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
BRM, I had the OEM knob and then replaced it with the Skunk2 along with the Mugen short shifter, it's a good combination, nice quick and clean shift now, the difference to OEM however, in my opinion, is not massive, the Skunk2 does look good though, which in all honesty is the main reason for my purchase

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
I had stock knob and now have skunk2, cant notice a difference other than it looks nicer.

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
I dont notice any difference. Mine weighs 425g but bought from a seller on the site as he can do what you want. Had mine painted blue to match the interior lights etc- look good

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I have a Skunk2 fitted and after a while you don't notice the difference, however when I part ex-ed my last FN2 in I put the OEM knob back on .......... my god did it feel different and when I mean different I mean rubbish lol ......... its one of those things that you get used to it very quickly but when you compare like for like you do notice the difference.

hope that helps

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Hey guys,

So, does a weight shift knob really make that much of a diference??

Would like to hear opinions from who has owned both, OEM and Weighted..

Thanks
IMO Huge difference! Hard to explain, but it really makes shifting much more enjoyable, and much more slick. OEM i found you had to very precise and a bit forceful for those lightning fast gear changes. With skunk2 much less forceful and the gear shift just kinda slides into position much more easily.

Especially for the 1st-2nd change in quick launches. And at 50 euros or so (skunk2) you cant go wrong anyway

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your replys guys.

Looks like im getting a Weightd Knob then...

Now, question is: Wich one?

Think i prefer the round model to the Skunk2 one. Also, fancy one that its not seen as often.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Heavy gearknob alone I didnt notice much but with the quickshift its awesome. smoother shifts and it hits 3rd nearly every time (which was a big problem for me on stock shifter).

Tried the standard R knob on the mugen quickshift and theres a world of a difference.

Btw I have the heaviest knob here =) 600g.

Dont take this the wrong was.

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Thanks for your replys guys.

Looks like im getting a Weightd Knob then...

Now, question is: Wich one?

Think i prefer the round model to the Skunk2 one. Also, fancy one that its not seen as often.
Seeker FTW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts