2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, got a weird intermittent problem with my heating system (Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel 07). Just before Christmas my steering wheel controls stopped working as I was about to leave. Originally though might just be a loose connector. However after about 6 hours on the motorway the heater blower stopped working, with no air coming out of the system at all. When I got to my destination, called Honda Assistance and when they came out the heater was blowing again, though still no controls. Over the Christmas period the controls would stop working intermittently. Although the heater blower worked fine. Took the car to the local Honda dealership who replaced the blower, heater resistor and outside air temp wiring (as it was damaged) as a lets get it all replaced to sort the problem out. Everything was fine for a week.
However on the way back down stopped about halfway, got back in the car and no steering wheel control of stereo and no air blowing. Although you could hear the fans, no air was coming out. Drove for about an hour and still nothing coming out of the vents. Stopped again restarted car and still nothing, so had to continue. However I left the heater completely switched off and after about an hour tried it again and it started blowing again, although the steering controls still didn't work. Took the car back to the dealership I bought it from and everything was working fine. And they couldn't diagnose the fault.
I am totally stumped. Wondering if the steering wheel adapter to the stereo may be causing the problem, however Honda dealership told me they're on completely different circuits from the heaters.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Check the stereo wiring because when my old headunit was giving up the ghost, it would occasionally POP then turn off, it would also take the climate control with it.
That was down to the headunit overheating.
although, the heaters do still work with no stereo in place, you just cant see how hot/cold the car is, or where the fans are blowing.
but they were both linked in the fact as the stereo went, it took the climate control with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, I did sort of have suspicions that they could be related. controls look like they're working, just don't do anything either on the stereo or the climate control. Need to contact the company that installed the stereo and get them to have a look at the wiring adapter they installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, the problem went away for months, so didn't bother having it looked at. That is until the weather got hot, steering wheel controls stopped working if the interior of the car was hot, when the aircon had been on a while it started working again. So looks like its a heat related problem, suspicion is the control unit between the controls and the stereo is faulty. Going to get it replaced as the controls still allow you to change the clock settings even when it wont control the stereo. Will keep you posted with the results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honda Civic Heater controls

Hi guys, got a weird problem with my heating system (Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel 07). I had a new motor fitted but this was ijn summer so really did not identify problem, however now winter is up on us I am having difficulty in attaining hot air it just seems to be warm all time even when set to HIGH. the temp gauge shows normal but no difference in any hot setting. can anyone assist please

1 - 5 of 5 Posts