2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have a bit of a problem with my FN2. When im giving it plenty of donkey and going into vtec and taking it up near the limiter when I change gear the engine seems to hesitate when I lift the the clutch back up for a split second before getting back up speed. It almost feels as though the clutch isnt depressed, which it is.

Would this have something to do with the clutch? it isnt showing any other symptoms of clutch wear but its the only thing that makes sense.

The car is completely stock apart from a Pipercross Intake.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Hi, have a bit of a problem with my FN2. When im giving it plenty of donkey and going into vtec and taking it up near the limiter when I change gear the engine seems to hesitate when I lift the the clutch back up for a split second before getting back up speed. It almost feels as though the clutch isnt depressed, which it is.

Would this have something to do with the clutch? it isnt showing any other symptoms of clutch wear but its the only thing that makes sense.

The car is completely stock apart from a Pipercross Intake.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Hey dude,

First off I'll say that you've posted this question in the wrong thread. Your civic is an 8g not a 9. Use the report button and get it moved to:

Bugs, faults and irritations - Civinfo

Also with regards to this, when you're in VTEC it's much harder to change the gears and does require a little more force however there is absolutely nothing wrong with the engine however I have had this problem a couple of time, it's like the engine hesitates and then kicks. What I've noticed is that if you blip the gas a little before you put it into gear the hesitation goes away. If you have a problem getting into 3rd of 4th with normal daily driving then I'd have the gear synchros looked at because I know they're a common fault on the 07 models. Keep driving it and putting it through VTEC but make sure to check your oil levels regularly because if you're in VTEC all the time then the K20 will drink the stuff. Keep her oil level up and VTEC every so often and you'll have a happy K20! :p

Any more problems let us know and I'm sure someone on here will have way more knowledge than I do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts