2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so now there's 700 km on the meter. Everythings just perfect except for this irritating plastic knockity knock sound which appeared after 400km of driving.

It's coming somewhere from the front.. sound really strange, i dont think it's coming from the suspension / shocks.. it's rather like there's something loose inside the dashboard which keeps knocking somewhere. Tickitytock :?: It can only be heard when driving on a rubbly road or through some rough spots. Going to take everything out from the dashlocker / side lockers and then do another drive.. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Have to check with the dealer if it continues :roll:

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Not in the dash, but I've got a knocking sound on roads like this when I've filled the tank up full with fuel. I can hear it as the fuel moves back and forwards in the tank, a knock, knock noise. Drove me nuts until I sussed where it was coming from. Goes away as the fuel goes down.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, i dont think that's it because there was only 1/3 left in the tank, mine doesnt make any sound when its full, or at least i havent noticed it yet :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Yes Hartside, having just done my first fill-up I've noticed that noise, you can actually feel it through the handbrake if you keep your hand on it when it does it, I first thought it was the handbrake itself but you then start to realise the more you hear it it's the fuel swishing around in the tanks below you :)

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Weird at first until you know what it is!

pikkumies - once you've filled the tank. Drive the car a few metres forward and then brake sharply to a stop. You should hear it then!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, just tested it again.. now i almost couldnt hear it at all! It's really hard to locate the source of the sound.. almost sounds like its coming from the windshield :p

I'll test that gas thing.. btw it's very easy to notice when fuel is running low, a great yellow gas meter and i pops up :).

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
knocking sound

I thought i was going mad i heard a sort of knocking/cracking sound when pulling away but now you mention it i have just filled up with fuel
only the third time since i bought the car as is so good on diesel
so thanks to the forum again wonder what honda c/s will think of this one?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
My first Civic developed a creaking/clicking sound, it was coming from the centre console area, the dealership sorted it out, cant remember what they said it was now though, dont think it was anything major just something needing a tighten :?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had the noise appear from the dashboared area,took it back to dealer and they replaced all the trim around the windscreen with new clips seems to have fixed the problem, touch wood

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
scol78 said:
I had the noise appear from the dashboared area,took it back to dealer and they replaced all the trim around the windscreen with new clips seems to have fixed the problem, touch wood
Or plastic :lol:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Topcat said:
My first Civic developed a creaking/clicking sound, it was coming from the centre console area, the dealership sorted it out, cant remember what they said it was now though, dont think it was anything major just something needing a tighten :?
I seem to have a creaking sound from the centre console.
It's very easy to demonstrate all you have to do is lightly press the upper right hand area of the console, the squeak seesm to come from around the gear lever area.

The car will be going back soon to have this sorted, probably after my long 400 mile journey to and from Southampton.

Ian

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
This knockity knock, you don't think its Terry Wogans latest quiz show?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have/had this problem. Only happens every now and again but at times was very annoying and persistent whenever I went over any slight bumps, but then at other times there was no sounds at all. Didn't quite seem like a big enough problem to go back to the dealer about though since they're pretty far from where I live so decided to wait until it's first service. Anyway, for the last couple of weeks I've not really heard anything so "tough plastic!!" I think whatever it was has settled/gone/rotted!!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
My dealer mentioned this as the one and only "know problem". Said quite a few people had been in for the fix. I asked about the rear dampers, and he said - oh yes, those as well...

·
Registered
214 Posts
In mine it's also some weird queak noise coming from the dashboard plastic and rubber parts when driving on slightly rougher road surface.
After visiting my dealer this morning with this problem for the 4th time in a short period without any improvements, they made the good (hopefully) decision not to try opening the whole dashboard again cause it just gets looser and more noisy from it, instead they have now ordered from factory a whole new dashboard combination and will install it as soon as it arrives.
Seems like the best option in this situation, I just hope

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hartside, re. your fuel tank noise, could it be the Fuel level "float" in the tank? Yhe tank is located at the front beneath the seats as in my Jazz, I do hear this kind of noise after a number of miles when I havefilled the tank, just as I brake to a standstill and the fuel is moving around, then it goes as the level is lowered, presume they still have floats nowadays!!
Just a thought, barbandjohn.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Ok, so now there's 700 km on the meter. Everythings just perfect except for this irritating plastic knockity knock sound which appeared after 400km of driving.

It's coming somewhere from the front.. sound really strange, i dont think it's coming from the suspension / shocks.. it's rather like there's something loose inside the dashboard which keeps knocking somewhere. Tickitytock :?: It can only be heard when driving on a rubbly road or through some rough spots. Going to take everything out from the dashlocker / side lockers and then do another drive.. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Have to check with the dealer if it continues :roll:
I have some experence of the problem you report here, Not long after i took delivery i had an intermittent knocking from the front nearside dash, it was more evident when the car was cold.It was returned back to the dealers and the head mechanic found this strange. He banged on the passenger air bag area and it echoed a noise around the dash. They had the car for a full day and it was returned ok. The explanation was brief one, (had to remove glove box and grind away internal trim). I must add the car has been fine since.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I have a kind of problem too. Mine sound like a metallic clicking noise inside the dashboard, maybe somewhere around the rev counter and drive me crazy everytime i hear it, especially in the morning before switching on the radio, cause thats the only way no avoid hearing it. I don;t want to go back to the dealer bucause if the various excuses that will give and mostly because is they decide to dismantle the dash im scared of raising other rpoblems. I've tried pushing the plastic trims in the diractios as shown in other thread but no result. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I'm sure I've got a faint knocking noise, perhaps more a squeak, coming from the front somewhere. It's very faint and very irregular. I was wondering whether it was temperature related as I haven't heard it recently, but I do listen to the radio which trumps the noise. I can't pinpoint where it is either. Checked the glovebox, just in case something in there was causing it, but it doesn't appear to be from there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts