2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,
My civic have weird noises coming from engine bay VID_20200507_102933.mp4
When alternator band is taken off there is no noise at all. Car is currently in workshop from two weeks and its driving me mad. List of thing they changed:
  • band
  • belt tensioner
  • top pulley bearing
  • alternator
  • water pump
  • a/c clutch bearing
  • pvc valve
Wtf is going on ... please help me, i really need this car. Best regards

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
The only thing you have not mention is the crank pulley, nothing else left to change on the outside.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well since the noise goes away when the aux belt has been removed.

It has to be something that is attached to it. First test with the alternator removed, if the noise goes away its that. Basically use the power of deduction to figure out what is making the noise.

·
Registered
370 Posts
To add on to this, i would simply refuse to use that garage again as they've cost you a significant sum for changing parts which have not solved a problem meaning they haven't actually correctly diagnosed the car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm betting on the crank pulley as well. I too changed the belt adjuster and idle pulley thinking it was them. It makes a rattling/rubbing sound. Mine went out last year and it rattled like mad at the end, but ever so slightly in the beginning.

Edit: After seeing your video I'm not to sure. It should not make more sound when revving if its that. But its easy to inspect it and they should have done that before swapping loads of parts anyways.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts