2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was time for a change from my immaculate 22k mile 2007/07 Civic SE i-shift as I no longer have an hour's commute to work each day and decided to downsize back to a Jazz now that Honda dropped the i-shift in favour of the CVT which I really liked before.

Unfortunately my Honda *ealer was unable to offer anything like a respectable deal on a nearly new Jazz ES CVT, in fact the words "derisory" and "insulting" would be more appropriate.

After they told me that my Civic was depreciating now by £250 a month and I would save money by accepting their offer, I decided to walk away and look elsewhere. My 7 year loyalty to, and enthusiasm for, the Honda brand is over. :(

Second choice was always going to be the new Ford Fiesta as I have heard nothing but good about it and I stumbled across a fully loaded ex Ford Management car, 9 month old MY11 with less than 4k miles on the clock. It was exactly the spec I had chosen - 1.4 Titanium Automatic with upgraded Alloys, Parking sensors and I now discover a proper spare wheel! It was even the colour I wanted!

The opening bid for my Civic, from a small family owned Ford Dealer, was £750 more than the Honda dealer's final offer, against a car which was not overpriced! The final cost of changing ended up nearly £2,000 less than it would have been if I had been daft enough to buy that basic Jazz!

I had forgotten how good a "proper" Auto is to drive when compared with the i-Shift. The Civic has been a great car, as was my previous CVT Jazz, but I don't have money to burn and there is a limit to what I am prepared to pay for a quality brand name.

I will no doubt pop in from time to time as this forum is one of the best I know but I will perhaps have to look for a Fiesta Forum now. If anyone wants a Civic spare wheel kit please have a look in the "eBay links" classified forum.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
best of luck with the new car, heard good things about them new fiestas

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
A similar experience for a lot of people.
I went to my local Honda dealer to investigate a change and they were not interested....they later got back to me and gave me an insulting offer.
The rest is History...
Good luck with the Fiesta

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Good luck with the Fiesta. I've just gone the other way - Fiesta to a Civic - after the Ford died after 100,000 miles of almost faultless service. It was a 03 plate 1.4 TDCi Zetec that I bought at the end of 2005 (with 64K on the clock) after I changed jobs and lost my BMW company car. It was only supposed to be a 6 month temporary buy and I ended up keeping it for 6 years (ending up with 171K on the clock). An electrical fault proved to be beyond economical repair, so I bought the Civic 1.8 SE last week.

The new shape Fiesta is an even better car than the one I had (I've driven a few as hire cars for work) and it a great car to drive. Most people cant get past the blue oval badge but Ford make some of the best driver cars on the market - enjoy.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Good luck with the :ford:.

Seems to be a common theme this. Honda normally pride themselves on repeat trade, but looks like they are relying on the blue rinse brigade not checking the figures and changing cars blind.

Makes me :mad: and :cry:

Looks like a Crocus or Toybota for the wife in May then. Then again, might save a few pennies and keep the FK2.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Good luck with the new car, I have to say my local Honda dealer has been really good and would recommend them. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts