2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning guys,

I need your opinion on something. I found out recently that I have a crack in my exhaust manifold. My father rang Honda UK up and asked them about it and they said 'this is no common fault with the exhaust manifold in the civics'. After reading about the Accords (and a few civics) being famous for this and Honda then in turn extending the warranty.

Once I read this I booked a quick appointment with Honda Penarth, drove down there and after 5 minutes a engineer took me to my car lifted up the bonnet and told me to rev twice. without hesitation he said yep, thats the manifold and its covered under the extended warranty and he said the accords and civics have same problems usually. I thought awesome.

He then went on to say have you got your service book? I replied yes. He then told me it hasnt been stamped since 2010 which is the last OFFICAL Honda service as I get mine done local family friend which I know is my fault I forgot to get it stamped! he then said. sorry mate cant do it. and said its £500-600 to fix it. I bought the car when it was out of the 3 year honda warranty and have been told the exhaust manifold is not a servicable part. So why would it need a FSH??

Are they just trying to riggle out of it? especially after Honda Uk told my Dad there is no common problem and the engineer telling me yeh there is and there is a extended warranty. they know its a common problem otherwise why extend warranty?

Sorry for the long story lol

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
In my experience the car needs a service history for warranty claims.

It doesn't have to be a Honda history as long as the schedule was followed with Honda or equivalent parts.

Still needs to be complete though.

If you can get it stamped with the correct mileages there shouldn't be a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Not sure which civic you have but If you don't get any joy Honda UK you could always go for an after-market one.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I believe they treat it as goodwill, if you are happy to have your pants pulled down by Honda on a regular basis (servicing) they will fix it. If not then they take the opportunity to pull your pants down now.

Could always go down the sale of goods act route.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
It's not up to the Engineer to decide that you can or cannot claim from the warranty, that's up to Honda UK who supply the extended warranty. The Engineer is to supply the facts to Honda UK who will make the warranty claim decision.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bit of a update.

As I was unhappy with the comments from my local Cardiff Honda I rang Bristol hondaspoke to a really nice bloke and after 5 minutes of talking. Took my chasis number and told me that there is a note on the system and it says it WILL be covered under the extended waranty no FSH needed. Booked in wednesday for 2 days.

Result.

Cheers for the comments guys

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
I didn't think much of Cardiff Honda either mate, not very helpfull at all....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't think much of Cardiff Honda either mate, not very helpfull at all....

I know, I dont understand how one dealership cant do enough for you and the other dosent want to know.

On this ONE occasion mate it seems to be better over the other side of the bridge ;) lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bonus! i was going to say that i would argue what part of the service schedule involves maintenance of the inlet manifold? and as that no part does why would fsh be relevant?
I know was chuffed with what he said. I did raise that argument in Cardiff but like I said he just didnt want to know. thank god Bristol would help me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts