2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bad credit before? Too much credit just now? You could ask them for a "decline code" which might help in figuring out why you were turned down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had a problem before had a phone recently no problems
Ordered a credit card 8 months ago no problems used it a little bit not much

The whole episode has been soured by this I researched test drove spent ages choosing the options working out my finances etc etc

The way I feel at the moment I might as well stick with my mb

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Never had a problem before had a phone recently no problems
Ordered a credit card 8 months ago no problems used it a little bit not much

The whole episode has been soured by this I researched test drove spent ages choosing the options working out my finances etc etc

The way I feel at the moment I might as well stick with my mb
Have you had much credit in the past? I hear that if you haven't had much it can also affect you credit score. :confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Totally sympathise but stick with it! Can I suggest that you do a self (free) credit check using an agency like experian? It might not be a lack of credit-worthiness but finance companies have "higher risk" categories of applicants who they automatically decline - could be your job, length of time in employment / at current address, your age etc.etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
35 and self employed never had trouble before it was for a red brand new type r £19,500 inc rage wheels , sticker pack, side protectors, red type r matts and ambient lighting

Nothing bad on my credit file I did a check

·
Registered
40 Posts
That comes out at what, circa £22000 or so? Possibly being self employed has worked against you - maybe worth trying for a loan rather than specific car finance? Or, considered leasing?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That comes out at what, circa £22000 or so? Possibly being self employed has worked against you - maybe worth trying for a loan rather than specific car finance? Or, considered leasing?

I originally thought of leasing might look into it again

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
This is the credit crunsh kicking in

·
Registered
40 Posts
I originally thought of leasing might look into it again
I've just leased a Milano Red GT Type R, works out about £750 deposit and 23 monthly payments of £260 or so, through a company called GMC Leasing. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
35 and self employed never had trouble before it was for a red brand new type r £19,500 inc rage wheels , sticker pack, side protectors, red type r matts and ambient lighting

Nothing bad on my credit file I did a check
If you are self employed do you have a business bank account?
If so your Business manager would know your company's history and should be able to help with personal loan from the same bank.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I know of someone who was recently declined credit and not down to them at all.
It was his address that did it. The previous owner had got in trouble with his finances.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know of someone who was recently declined credit and not down to them at all.
It was his address that did it. The previous owner had got in trouble with his finances.
AFAIK That isn't true; your address doesn't hold any financial information as such, it's all down to the individual.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i heard that the address has no effect however the house which i bought was previously let to a family who run up enormous phone bills loans in the thousands etc and did a flit and for the first 18 months or so i was declined even though i had never had problems before and i dont have problems now, i know that if you dont have credit it can go against you as basically you havent proven your ability to manage credit.....strange but true get a credit card and dont use it

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
i heard that the address has no effect however the house which i bought was previously let to a family who run up enormous phone bills loans in the thousands etc and did a flit and for the first 18 months or so i was declined even though i had never had problems before and i dont have problems now, i know that if you dont have credit it can go against you as basically you havent proven your ability to manage credit.....strange but true get a credit card and dont use it
When i bought my first house many years ago I had a problem getting a mortgage because of my lack of credit history. I had a large deposit a very good job but had never before taken out any kind of loan and so had a low credit rating, Crazy dont you think.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts