2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone in the area is interested in doing a small something on this weekend? Am going to be around but have nothing to do and despite efforts still haven't been to a meet.

Am in Staffordshire but anywhere around Birmingham is also easy going for me. Infact anything up to an hours drive is not a problem.

Sad that I've missed what looks like a few good meets this weekend so looking at available dates and next weekend looks promising.

Soooo.... anyone interested feel free to post suggestions below! Even if you can't make a meet but know of a really good drive feel free to share that, as I'll have nothing else to do!

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Id be up for that!!! Im off that weekend, so would love to attend :eek:

Are we planning on doing a driving route? Meal or just a chatter?

Put my name down and would be good to have 2 CB CTR GT's (bloody acronyms city there) next to each other.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Awww, J H. Real pity you can't make Donny, I would love to see the new motor ..... you sure you can't make it?

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
may be possible, keep me posted guys.

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
I could be up for this aswell, anyone got any ideas where to meet?

Smudge :D

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to see some interest - was at the South Mimms meet today and we had a chat for a while, waiting for others to arrive. And then went for a fantastic drive!

Cannock, Shrewsbury, Stafford... anywhere inbetween. I don't know of any good roads in the area, needs to only be a small run out (around 10 miles or so?) then can go for a drink and a chat afterwards.

As I said in the first post I'm prepared to travel a bit as I'm completely available - so am open to any suggestion for meeting points or routes! :D

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
I'm easy as to the location we meet at, but Saturday would be much better for me, as I travel on Sundays. It'll be a struggle to find a decent road without potholes, speed humps or speed cameras in the Midlands though.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saturday is a better day for me as well as I'm travelling on Sunday afternoon as well.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about Saturday afternoon? Meet in Newport (not sure where yet) and after a chat do the run to Eccleshall. I'm told it is not bad but will check myself on Friday. Then go for a swift drink afterwards.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
im up for that newport just up the road from me (telford) keep me posted fellas

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
how far is newport from walsall j9 on m6?

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
Sounds good, Saturday's looking promising now. Can you possibly sort a Postcode for wherever we meet so I put it in the sat nav ;)? Glad there's something else non Type-R possibly going, I was worried my oil burner would leave you all behind :rolleyes:!

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
This meet would have been good for me location wise but unfortunately I can't make next weekend :(

Oh well, have fun. The only road I could recommed would be from Lichfield to Ashbourne but there are a fair few cameras. Not that you'll be speeding but if it's a sunny day I find the reflections from the yellow cameras hurt my eyes ;)

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
This meet would have been good for me location wise but unfortunately I can't make next weekend :(

Oh well, have fun. The only road I could recommed would be from Lichfield to Ashbourne but there are a fair few cameras. Not that you'll be speeding but if it's a sunny day I find the reflections from the yellow cameras hurt my eyes ;)
That's a nice drive, although most of it's 50mph, there's usually a lot of bikers on that route at weekends though :mad:.

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Do we have this confirmed or is it still in the air?

Would be good to have a mini drive and meet before xmas, so whos in?

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good call. Am freezing my tits off on Salisbury plains this week so. On mobile at moment.

Confirm me though long as couple others do likewise. Is there a supermarket car park we can meet in first?

How ably 1330 for start time? Will check this each day am back Friday will recce the run that night if I have time too.

Looking forward to it been a few people interested so let's see some names go down.

1. J_H

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
The Civic's going into the stealers tomorrow, for a bit of warranty work, they need it a couple of days, fingers crossed it'll be done by Saturday morning though, and I'll be able to make it.

1. J_H
2. Smudge

1 - 20 of 56 Posts