2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few of us FN2 owners in Western Australia hired the GTi Performance Dynapack for the day and had a Flashpro tuner from Driven Performance present to calibrate our cars. Just thought we'd share the results up.

Jrr CW Edition
Driven Crazy Intake Scoop
K&N Panel Filter
Toda Exhaust Manifold
Toda 60mm Exhaust
Flashpro

"1500km on the odo, NEW CAR POWER!"

Lukits01 Milano Red
FD2R Gruppe M Intake custom
Spoon TB
P2R TB Spacer
RRC Manifold
P2R Manifold Gasket
TSX Cams
Toda Exhaust Manifold
Custom 2.5" Mild steel Exhaust
Custom catch can
Top Fuel Power NEO [smilie=666.gif]
Flashpro

"Magical Magnetic Power FTW! I keep telling people that magnet works! LoL"

BF52 NHB
Mugen Style Bonnet Vents
Gruppe M Intake
Spoon TB
RRC Intake Manifold
Hondata Manifold Gasket
Toda A2 Cams
Toda Valve springs
Toda Exhaust manifold
Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust
Flashpro

"No comment, CB!"

Results
FN2_JR - Light Orange
lukits01 - Blue
BF52 - Red

All 4th gear runs, same day, same dyno
Feel free to comment/discuss

Special thanks to Joel @ http://www.drivencrazy.com.sg/
and Simon @ http://www.gti-pc.com.au/

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
More pics of that wing on your car Lukits - it is a wing right?

Making good power too man.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Interesting results....

That euro gruppeM on BF52s car needs the bonnet closed on dynos... It would heve seen bigger numbers. Also, belive with his mods, more can be squeezed out of that K20Z4.. Specialy when compared with the CW.

None the less...

Sena your torque line.... WOW.... Just awsome!! And i see the MOTEC results are quite shy compared with HONDATAs.. wich its quite impressive!!

Any pics of BF52 Bonnet closed?

Regards

Some WING pics...

Hope you dont mind Sena..

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Not a fan of the wing, but it's Lukits - so you know it's all about the functionality/search for more downforce and increased handling. :cool:

I see you've gone nuts with the exhaust housing too lol.

Back leg cocked :cool: you'd almost think it were running IRS.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm happy with how my results panned out, seems that the TSX cams did everything I expected it to do.
There are a few thoughts behind the wing, none of which I've proven, so I wont write about it anytime soon. Mostly bought because I wanted a trinket from BTCC :)

There was nothing we could do for BF52s cams, it just wasn't working. Our theory is the cams were designed for JDM K20A, the K20Z lower compression ratio just wasn't enough. We could rev out the engine to 9000rpm, but racing the standard bottom end to 9000rpm all day everyday would be a huge risk for very little gain in lap times.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Lukits i can agree with Your teory but how You explain that NUNO has spoon cams for JDM K20A and has 18hp gaints after cams in K20Z

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Lukits i can agree with Your teory but how You explain that NUNO has spoon cams for JDM K20A and has 18hp gaints after cams in K20Z
I'd rather not comment on parts I've never tested myself, it's far too easy to make wrong assumptions with all the info we get on internet. What I meant by the TODA A2 cams not "working" is from what we can tell, they've just shifted the powerband to between 7500-9000rpm. If you look at the power curve, it was still making power at the redline while my TSX cams ran out of puff at about 8100, and the stock curve a bit less than that. Sure, we could've reved the engine out and probably make decent hp gains over stock, such a peaky cams was not what we wanted. The area under the power curve where your engine is likely to spend most of its time is more important for real world performance.

Joel said he's tuned FD2Rs with A2s before and they had a fatter mid range. That would make sense with all the extra compression. The K20A has a higher red line to begin with, raising the red line to 9000rpm wouldn't be such an issue but at the moment we're playing on the safe side and keeping our K20Z at 8500rpm limit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As Lukits has said earlier, there is no doubt that the A2 cams is making power @ higher rpm & is continuing to make power after the TSX cams is in decline.
Its the fact that the rev limit is preventing a greater power figure.

But in reality, its not useful on the track only in a dyno shootout.

Its just not worth the risk in pushing it to 9000rpm just for bragging rights.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Regarding JTune Extreme Kit from Australia, its crap!
The owner of said company is a snake oil salesman as well.
The power figures he's stating is bs... his KW claims seems like HP to me.

However, I have 1 for sale... LoL

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
lukits, BF52 thanks for yours reply
I can show You guys my dyno with go-power KSI cams

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
before after cams

stock vs with full mods

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Its just not worth the risk in pushing it to 9000rpm just for bragging rights.
Correct It's not worth it reving up to 9000rpm belive me. FN2 has worst oil pump than EP3 and it could may cause the problems on high revs. I know that from authopsy ;). Safe rev limit in FN2 with stock oil pump is 8650rpm unless you change for RRC oil pump which is much more efficient than stock.

Dawid

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Is that why TDI limited mine to 8500 when it would love to rev higher ?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
BLUE line setup:
CAI
P2R TB spacer
RRC
TODA manifold
TODA exhaust
Hondata flashpro
RED line setup:
above mods PLUS