2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced the problem of rounding up the pump with the Civic, it seems that with the fuel tank where it is there is a long tube up the filler cap, on first 2 occasions of filling it I think I poured 60p on the floor trying to get the £ to a round number on the pump, I think rather than trying again I should get better control of my obsessive compulsive disorder and live with pennies on the fuel bill.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
:oops: I admit I've not emptied the full tank that came with mine just over a week ago but any filling up tips anyone has got will prove useful, most importantly I MUST remember to not put petrol in my first ever diesel car! :shock:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Fedorov said:
most importantly I MUST remember to not put petrol in my first ever diesel car! :shock:
Isn't there a sticker under the fuel cap that says Diesel? Or something similar? Most cars have some sort of reminders, like "Unleaded fuel only".

Granted that's to remind you to not put fuel with lead in it, but the idea is the same. Maybe you could put a big "Diesel" sticker on the side of the car like you sometimes see on rental ones. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I just keep saying diesel diesel diesel to myself when filling up a Derv.

Oh, and I make a point of getting a glove too. Smelly greasy stuff.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Im sure the Focus has different shaped nossels in to the petrol tank for diesel and petrol so that you could ony put in the right fuel - maybe the Civic is the same :roll:

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
richierich said:
Has anyone else experienced the problem of rounding up the pump with the Civic, it seems that with the fuel tank where it is there is a long tube up the filler cap, on first 2 occasions of filling it I think I poured 60p on the floor trying to get the £ to a round number on the pump, I think rather than trying again I should get better control of my obsessive compulsive disorder and live with pennies on the fuel bill.
You should not top up because the fuel needs a little space to expand.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Kpow, I am leaving plenty of room now, first click is enough for me. It makes a mess of your shoes does diesel! Not to mention making the carpet mats stink!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts