2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all. Looking for some info please.
I have recently being having a problem where my pollen filter is wet and leaking water onto the passenger carpet. I have already jacked the car up and looked at the drain hose for the aircon but this appears to be clear of blockages. I have also replaced the filter yesterday but I’m having the same problems after a 60 mile run today. I have never had a wet pollen filter in my 4 years of owning the car so this appears a new problem. Any suggestions welcomed please as I have already tried what is in most of the other threads on this topic. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
have a good look at the area around the windscreen scuttle.
at this time of year it is likely to be full of leaves and other crap which will stop/slow the rain going down the drains under each corner of the screen. then it has nowhere else to go but inside the car through the intake vents and into the filter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wilmo, thanks for your quick reply. I went out there and removed the scuttle but everything looked dry and no blockages. The only thing I can think of now is that the aircon drain is partially blocked and I didn’t clear it enough when I blew some air from a can up there (although it does drip with aircon on) or that it’s due an aircon re-gas as has been mentioned in another thread I have looked at. Slightly annoying as the car has been faultless so far! Thanks again.

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
I have this same problem took car to Honda they say it's some seals that have gone & that it's a dashboard out job & quoted nearly £600.00 to fix I told them thanks but no thanks & just decided to live with it.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
A few services ago this was, but shorty after a particular service water began appearing on the passenger side foot well.

After a good look around under/around there I noticed the pollen filter cover was'nt secured properly and the filter slightly proud of the housing.

Don't if it's just our car, but the only way I'm able to secure the top clip cover to car is to spray the cover top mount and the car mount with some silicone spray first.

With the cover back properly the problem went away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the further replies.

I will have another look tonight after work. The problem did start after i had the pollen filter out a few weeks ago to check its condition- it was dry and clean at this time so i thought nothing more of it until the wet carpets came shortly after. I'm maybe not helping the situation here buy checking it most days now i know it has been/is wet. Ill give it a final clean up tonight and get a spray of silicone on there to see what it does. I will also have another poke around the drain hose to see if i have missed anything and will report back if the situation changes. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Afternoon all and thanks again for the suggestions. In the hope of closing this down I thought I’d give an update!

I had a good play about with the drain hose this morning including trying to clear a suspected blockage with wire, ty-wraps, compressed air and whatever else would fit up there. Unfortunately nothing significant came out but the drain would still drip with the aircon on. I then went inside the car, removed the pollen filter and poured in some cold water into the housing. I could see that nothing was draining quickly so had a prod around the internal drain hole with some wire which must have cleared/loosened some ‘debris’ as the water started to drain a bit more quickly. I got under the car again and had another play about when a massive spider decided to crawl out from the drain hose which further increased the flow a bit.
With the filter still out but the cover on, I used a garden hose to fire some water up the drain for around 10 seconds. I could see this worked because water was collected in the filter housing now but not draining freely. Believing the pipe to be fully clear now, I got some hot (not boiling) water and poured it into the housing and put the cover on as quick as I could. This appears to have cured the problem with the slightly blocked housing drain as the housing will now drain quickly after sever cycles of this.

Apologies for the long post but hopefully this will cure my problem and help somebody else out if need be! I’ll be back on if it doesn’t!

Thanks again!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts