2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I pulled out my near side rear seat belt when I was loading up the boot, and noticed the belt itself was wet. I haven't had a chance to investigate yet...thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has suffered from the same issue and found a fix???

Obviously, we've had a lot of rain lately, so it's water ingress...but from where??? I don't have a glass roof, and can't see anything obvious looking at the bootlid rubbers...then I ran out of time and daylight :(

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
As it is near where the line of the car drops at the back - first thing I would check is door seal...

Have a good feel around the headliner in that rear 1/4 on the nearside - if that is wet, then could be a crack on the sealant used between the side/roof panel of your car... I have seen something somewhere (you know, when you are bored and trolling) on other reports of this type of sealant crack and water ingress into the car...

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I've had EXACTLY the same issue. I think mine was the ROOF, coming in under the black trim, where the roof joins the car body, at the rear. I put a load of silicon in, and it seems to have cured it.

The belt was soaked, so I put it around the front seat headrest, to let it dry out.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had EXACTLY the same issue. I think mine was the ROOF, coming in under the black trim, where the roof joins the car body, at the rear. I put a load of silicon in, and it seems to have cured it.

The belt was soaked, so I put it around the front seat headrest, to let it dry out.
Sounds the same as my issue. Can I ask where you applied the silicone? I started to take apart the interior, and gave up when I ran out of time. Everything seems to be clipped together with fixings that are stronger than the surrounding plastics :(

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
If you stand by the rear fuel filler, the BLACK plastic, which is where a roof rack would attach.

The trim runs from the A Pillar, up the Windscreen, and all the way to the Tailgate.

You can prise it up by hand at the back, and silicone it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts