2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Civic in to the Ruislip dealership today, they tried to polish out my scratches for me (free of charge) it made them look a bit better but they are still visible, they said they could mix some touch up paint for me but didn't recommend it as they think the scratches are too long and deep and it will end up looking worse. So they gave me a quote for a respray on 3 doors, a wing and the bonnet it was £1020 CHEAPER than the quote given to me by my own dealership :shock:

I knocked my o/s door mirror months ago and took some paint of it, my dealership said they would smart repair it, Ruislip said a smart repair would cost too much and wouldn't look good so they ordered me a new casing £21 + VAT fitting free of charge!! :D

They also replaced my number plates that my own dealership had ruined again free of charge :D :D

Ruislip Rock :cool:

·
Fallen Angel
1,229 Posts
I took my Civic in to the Ruislip dealership today, they tried to polish out my scratches for me (free of charge) it made them look a bit better but they are still visible, they said they could mix some touch up paint for me but didn't recommend it as they think the scratches are too long and deep and it will end up looking worse. So they gave me a quote for a respray on 3 doors, a wing and the bonnet it was £1020 CHEAPER than the quote given to me by my own dealership :shock:

I knocked my o/s door mirror months ago and took some paint of it, my dealership said they would smart repair it, Ruislip said a smart repair would cost too much and wouldn't look good so they ordered me a new casing £21 + VAT fitting free of charge!! :D

They also replaced my number plates that my own dealership had ruined again free of charge :D :D

Ruislip Rock :cool:

Oh a I am so pleased for you TC........you have had so much crap with your car...maybe a bit of the old xmas spirit has slipped into the guys at Honda Ruislip:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
TC - I don't know why more dealers don't behave like this. If they continue to be helpful, they'll get lots of business from you and the people you recommend them to.

Other, crappier dealers reading this, take note. The job is a bit more than making the sale, taking the £, and keeping the owner away until part-ex time. Because that owner won't come back, and you've missed a sale.

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Wow! Now *that's* customer service!

It's heartening to know there are still some people who seem to understand where their wage comes from; and that happy punters generate business.

Good for you TC :D

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Nice to hear TopCat. I'm hoping my local Devries Honda have done a good job when I get mine back tomorrow (thursday), they've had it 4 days, they think they've sorted the rattles, replaced my n/s wingmirror due to motor problems, hft microphone foam fix (I hope). Photos of the paint knocked off by the rear indicator plastic are being sent to Honda I'm told to get a solution to the plastic rather than just touch up the paint and it happen again.
Synchros replaced in my gearbox to hopefully improve 2nd to 3rd gear change...
Not sure on the status of my rear creak yet, will know more tomorrow!!!

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
TC - I don't know why more dealers don't behave like this. If they continue to be helpful, they'll get lots of business from you and the people you recommend them to.

Other, crappier dealers reading this, take note. The job is a bit more than making the sale, taking the £, and keeping the owner away until part-ex time. Because that owner won't come back, and you've missed a sale.
Well said Pottsy! If more dealers would take leaves out of Ruislips book we'd be much happier customers!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi Topcat

Ruislip is not far from me (Greenford). I'll bear your experience in mind. I'm still getting to know Chiswick Honda. They seem o.k so far.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi all, my local dealer is Chiswick Honda who are very good, but they hadn't heard about the fuel cap Dealer fix. I took mine in about 4 weeks ago and all they did was spray on some WD40!

Who was your local dealer before you went to Ruislip?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Topcat,

Just wondering, who was your local dealership before Ruislip?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Topcat,

Just wondering, who was your local dealership before Ruislip?
I would rather not say for personal reasons :???:

But if you are not happy with the service you receive at Chiswick at any time, bear Ruislip in mind :D

I know quite a few people who have purchased cars from Ruislip over the years and they think its great but no doubt there will be someone who doesn't agree, so I guess the key is to find the one that makes you happy and stick with them.

·
estranged
391 Posts
Very glad to hear you've found a 'good un' Topcat. Let's hope it's the start of a beautiful relationship!

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I've heard extremely good things about Ruislip Honda, too, Topcat. Specially on the service side. I might even give 'em a try when the time comes. Why not show them this thread and hope it encourages them to keep it up? But if they don't, DON'T LET ANYONE STOP YOU MOANING!

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've heard extremely good things about Ruislip Honda, too, Topcat. Specially on the service side. I might even give 'em a try when the time comes. Why not show them this thread and hope it encourages them to keep it up? But if they don't, DON'T LET ANYONE STOP YOU MOANING!
[smilie=happydance.: thanks Honcho - I wont! ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts