2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just read this on how the designers came up with the 9th Gen design...

Honda Worldwide | Design | Designers Talk

You would think they have designed it from scratch!

Dont get me wrong, I like the new model, but to me (and most others), this just a way of glossing the fact they have tarted up the old model to save a shed load of dosh!

·
Administrator
21,246 Posts
This may not seem to be a new model to some but then neither is the 911 or the Focus but they are classed as totally different model ranges at each reincarnation.

If it's the current Civic with improved:

Suspension and front door handles then I'll be happy.

It does look like in addition the radio reception will be improved, the front fogs should be less prone to damage, the rear view should be slightly improved and the mpg will be better.

Based on the competition out there it's looking like I'll be staying on board.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've just read this on how the designers came up with the 9th Gen design...

Honda Worldwide | Design | Designers Talk

You would think they have designed it from scratch!

Dont get me wrong, I like the new model, but to me (and most others), this just a way of glossing the fact they have tarted up the old model to save a shed load of dosh!
What's your evidence for saying it is a tarted up version? You'd rather trust your own opinion, than the people that have actually designed it and made it?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's your evidence for saying it is a tarted up version? You'd rather trust your own opinion, than the people that have actually designed it and made it?
Look at it.... it's an evolution of the same car. I bet the re-tooling costs at Swindon were much lower than when the 8th gen was introduced.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Look at it.... it's an evolution of the same car. I bet the re-tooling costs at Swindon were much lower than when the 8th gen was introduced.

Based on what? A car can look similar and every panel be different. Granted, the engines are pretty similar, but passed that there is no evidence to say this is a mear 'warm over'.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I dont agree with OP. I think there has been quite an overhaul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts