2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Thought I'd share last nights excitement with you all..

I was sitting happily, enjoying a cup of good tea while watching 'The Dark Knight' on the gogglebox when all of a sudden I heared a loud bang from outside the house, so went to investigate from an upstairs window..

Looking out onto the road outside my house I was surprised to see that my wonderful Civic was no longer in the spot I'd parked it - Infact it was a good 12 - 15 feet down the road and somewhat in the way of oncoming traffic! More disturbing was the fact that a Renault Laguna was now blocking the entire road and had smoke coming out of the front.

I made my way outside..

It became apparent that a lady had ploughed into the back of my Civic causing her front passenger side wheel to become disengaged and my drivers side rear wheel to exist at an angle where the car, if I was able to drive it, would only be fit for driving in circles..

So there I am, outside in the rain, staring at what was once a wonderful NHB 2.2 and making small whimpering noises while the lady driver (who was fine BTW) wondered around with her hands on her head. I decided at that point to console her - at least we were both insured - I started talking to her and she told me that she worked for the Halifax and that it was a company car - no quibbles there then! She then went on to say that as it was a company car, there was no real need to get the police involved. I tended to agree, surely we could just sort it out and that would be that.

That was when I caught the first smell of alcohol.. Needless to say, I made my excuses, "I'm just going to er... call my insurers!" before popping in and dialling 999 - When I mentioned that I thought she might be drunk, I don't think I'd even finished the next sentence before I heard the wail of sirens and 4 police cars arrived. Lady was breathalised and removed from the scene and I was left to call my insurance and take a deep breath..

The damage doesn't look too bad - Read wheel is FUBAR but it's the damage I can't see thats concerning me - Considering the whack the car took - I'm just glad that my driverless Civic took the brunt of her drink driving and not some kids or any other living beings..

Unfortunately, I then discovered that (according to her irate boyfriend who had now arrived on the scene) it was not the first offence and that she was likely to lose her licence and her job - And you know what? Hearing that brought a little bit of happiness back and as I wondered back indoors to drink my now cold tea I pondered pestering the garage for a Type R as a courtesy car..

So remember kids, it's not cool to drink and drive - Even small amounts can have negative effects on your skills - Stay safe out there!!

(Apologies for length.. But not for width!!)

Zim. (I'll post a pic of the damage when I get home!)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grass :police::p
Haha! Had to be done!

It was obvious that if she hadn't been drinking she'd have never hit it and if I'd settled outside of the law, what about next time?

I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if her next accident had involved a kid..

·
Registered
480 Posts
(I was about to quote and reply there but the thread would have doubled!) Sorry to hear about that mate! hope you get that sorted soon! I like the sly insurance move too![smilie=upyeah.gif]

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
top man, I hope everything is back to normal soon :).... Type R for a cover car ha ha Jazz for you mate :-D

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all,

Just got off the phone with the insurers - £100 excess is how much it's going to cost me to get this fixed - a bit miffed that I have to pay for something that was in no way my fault - But I suppose that's life!

I'll keep you updated on my cars journey to health..

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all,

Just got off the phone with the insurers - £100 excess is how much it's going to cost me to get this fixed - a bit miffed that I have to pay for something that was in no way my fault - But I suppose that's life!

I'll keep you updated on my cars journey to health..

Jeepers! I hope I don't get a Jazz - I've a reputation to uphold!!!?!!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Can't believe these people, thats why you always carry a hipflask.............. to offer to the other driver to steady their nerves.......

BTW Soz about the car, :) I like the sly move too..... "Irate Boyfriend" - Who at? You or her, tbh I'd be mega *********************** off with my GF is she did something like this, even once.... let alone multiple times, make sure if the police quiz you, ask to fill out a "Victim Impact statement" if a guy can get 20k for stress from a parking ticket, you can get something from her (how about whiplash from turning too quick from the "bang" of the cars?????), LOL.

Glad your ok, and at the end of the day that's what matters, I hope she loses her licence permanently, as she obviously has a problem................

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Your insurance conmpany will be able to get your excess back from the guilty party's insurance company.
Fingers crossed you may get a nice worker who won't remove your NCB as they will recover the costs from the otherside, as, as you say, it was in no way you're fault or you could have prevented it......

Tom

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW Soz about the car, :smile: I like the sly move too..... "Irate Boyfriend" - Who at? You or her, tbh I'd be mega *********************** off with my GF is she did something like this, even once.... let alone multiple times, make sure if the police quiz you, ask to fill out a "Victim Impact statement" if a guy can get 20k for stress from a parking ticket, you can get something from her (how about whiplash from turning too quick from the "bang" of the cars?????), LOL.
He was irate at her - As he'll now have to drive her around like "some sort of chauffer" as he put it!!

Hahaha! Whiplash and hot tea burns! Where there's a blame!!!

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Well done mate, the best thing was done there.

My local minister was done for drunk driving a few weeks back. Everyone is at it!

Personally i used to just have a pint and still drive (and still be under the legal limit). Now, i dont have anything at all, its not worth it.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Ive never had one sip and drove since starting to drive... Some people just dont think about the consequences of their actions. Its sad :-(, because if people were more responsible then Insurance would be irrelevent...

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
She plainly didn't learn from her previous banning - best to get her off the road as soon as possible

It reminds me of a personal saying of mine -"That's the definition of intelligence isn't it? - the ability to learn from your mistakes"

Hope you get your car sorted soon and that it doesn't cost you anything!

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It just gets worse!!!!

Hey there...

Apparently, I am all go for a courtesy car.

Problem is.. The garage has a Cleo, a Nissan micra and a ford Ka.

I'm tempted to tell them to stuff it and I'll walk everywhere. Any good advice on which of the above to choose??!?

Gutted doesn't even begin to describe how I am now feeling..:(

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car Zimma.
At least there won't be any problems with insurance on your side.
Worse than driving whilst texting. ??
Good job she wasn't knocking back the Vodka, or you wouldn't have noticed.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts