2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I noticed on my Tourer that these are missing, there are just threads where they were. Are they bump stops?

I know the car had a dent removed on the drivers rear quarter so maybe its from that, can anyone confirm what they are and where I can get them from please?

·
4,189 Posts
Just had a gander at my 10G hatch. On that, they are like flat plastic washers with an allen key socket in the middle and presumably screw into the bodywork. They line up with the rubber anti-rattle squidgy things on the hatch and act as a seating for them when the hatch is closed.
What they are called???
Prob get them from your local Honda dealer or Cox or a scrappie.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had a gander at my 10G hatch. On that, they are like flat plastic washers with an allen key socket in the middle and presumably screw into the bodywork. They line up with the rubber anti-rattle squidgy things on the hatch and act as a seating for them when the hatch is closed.
What they are called???
Prob get them from your local Honda dealer or Cox or a scrappie.
Thanks, I wonder why they are missing, just had a look around it and cant see any reason why they would have been removed, the bolts above them look like they have never been removed

Did you notice how thick they were? Just wondering if they left them off because the boot wouldn't shut with them fitted or maybe I'm over thinking it

·
4,189 Posts
The big flat washer bit is about 2mm thick. The rubber 'bump stops' themselves screw in and out of the hatch to allow for adjustment.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The big flat washer bit is about 2mm thick. The rubber 'bump stops' themselves screw in and out of the hatch to allow for adjustment.
Are these the same thing IE the item I highlighted above? I'm confused as to whether or not its just a piece of plastic cover or is actually a stopper for the boot lid

·
4,189 Posts
Well, I really don't know. I was just comparing your pics with my hatch and putting 2 = 2 and possibly making 5.
Having said that, I suspect that the part number from Steve_m is the right one for your tourer.
This is what mine looks like
DSC02006.jpg
DSC02007.jpg
Just taken it off my car especially for you in the rain.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks I appreciate that, just looks like a plastic cover rather than a stopper for the boot lid but maybe there is another part I'm missing

·
Registered
871 Posts
They have 2 purposes.

1. Retain the rear bumper.
2. Provide a landing area for the rubber stopper that is on the tailgate, which create tailgate alignment/anti-rattle.

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Sorry, I was trying to be humorous, and failed. I was responding to the thread title :walkaway:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts