2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Can anyone tell me what these vents are intended for in the front of the bonnet slam panel please?

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without looking at the actual car which I don’t have unfortunately I would imagine it’s between the grill and the front face of the rad and allowing air up into the engine bay?
Just seems a bit random but something that could aid airflow to the Gruppe M if replicated on the FN2 maybe??

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
If it's a similar layout to the FN2 it's likely to help stop heatsoak when in traffic as I can imagine the intercooler getting toasty from the rad's heat.

Won't affect a huge amount but every little helps I guess.

Reactions: Bones126

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's a similar layout to the FN2 it's likely to help stop heatsoak when in traffic as I can imagine the intercooler getting toasty from the rad's heat.

Won't affect a huge amount but every little helps I guess.
So you think it allows air into the engine bay via the grill and up through the slam plate? Or hot air out from under the slam plate?
I'm wondering if it allows more air in and over the slam plate, (gogs weiring) if this is the case if I was to do the same on mine it would aid feed more air to the gruppe m scoop :nerd:

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Check the bonnet seal, I can't remember where it falls - does it prenent airflow to that section? I think it does
If so, probably just a passive vent?

Depending on what you want to do you could cut out some of the bonnet seal and open it up to more airflow

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depending on what you want to do you could cut out some of the bonnet seal and open it up to more airflow

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Glad you’re thinking along my lines :grin2:
Bonnet weather seal already cut as pe GM instructions, then I’ve done this, to be improved on..

Thanks for the reply..
Cheers

Attachments

Reactions: Haltamer

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I think it is there to let heat vent out in stationary traffic from the radiator and intercooler..
Only thing I can think of..
At higher speeds the air tends to be pushed through the rad/intercooler towards the engine.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Is that foam under the plastic slam panel? Looks like it may be from here - If so, Might it be worth covering it over with a little electrical tape or similar? Would have thought it's best to not get it wet (given there will be passing airflow, possible with rain / spray) as it may hold on to the moisture.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good point, I’ll do some water resistant testing. Was initially put there to close the gap and aid air flow across rather than down or hot air coming up from the rad.
Probably makes no ounce of differance as I trust GM have done there R&D. But trying to think of ways of improving the restriction of the GM on the FN2.
I thought these vents may push more cold air up over the slam panel, but also may push warm air fro the rad up over it too.

Thanks for the replies, all thoughts appreciated. Anyone with any smart ideas please shout.
cheers

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
So you think it allows air into the engine bay via the grill and up through the slam plate? Or hot air out from under the slam plate?
I'm wondering if it allows more air in and over the slam plate, (gogs weiring) if this is the case if I was to do the same on mine it would aid feed more air to the gruppe m scoop :nerd:
To let air out when stationary

Reactions: Bones126
1 - 13 of 13 Posts