2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I'm going fast again!
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you usually do when you get a new car?

Take it straight home and give it the best clean ever? Buy some accessories whether it's new mats, air fresheners, etc. Or would you go all out and start modding the thing straight away with new splitters, wings, gear knobs or even add performance enhancing parts straight away?

As the day for collecting my car approaches I keep thinking how I need to prepare. I'll need to get insurance sorted obviously but the fun things like picking up all sorts of cleaning products and reading up on other peoples best methods for keeping cars looking shiny and then adding my own personal touches to the car.

I've already bought RickHondaR's lighting kit so that could possibly be a day one project.

But mainly I think I'm just gonna make sure I have some free time, a tank full of petrol and hope the weathers good so I can enjoy the car on the road! :)

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Subscribe to CivInfo so you get the all important sticker

Insurance go via compare the meerkat so you get to mod your car...
I tried to get the "free" meerkat when it came to insuring mine. Same details on confused.com and Compare the Market and Compare the Market was nearly £100 more expensive with the same insurer :rolleyes: Needless to say I never went for the £100 meerkat :(

First thing I did was **** in my pants :cool: Then spent too much money buying cleaning products :facepalm:

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
Well.. Next on the list is a doulde din HU, probably Pioneer & decent speakers (open to recommendations) and Bogs reversing cam

I'm also surfing around for a couple of large embroidered turbo diesel patches kind of thing for the front seats, kind of Type R stylee.

·
I'm going fast again!
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Subscribe to CivInfo so you get the all important sticker

Actually the second mod I undertook (the first being the civinfo sticker) was to install a pair of these

Yeah I've been meaning to do that. Got some great info from here already so only fair to pay that back! :)

Good shout on the xenons. That's something I'll be looking into but don't wanna go down the illegal route or being too bright as I HATE when people have bright ones pointed straight up at your eyes. It's pretty irritating! :mad:

But I guess the best answer has been to just drive... :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have the car cleaned and protected, then go out for the drive! Experience the new car for yourself and the awesome clean look for those you past:)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Nice robbo I did tell the salesman not to worry as I want to take it home NOW, but they wouldn't let me as I had no tax :p

My first thing after the longish drive home was to well not to my choice but to take me mum for a spin to show how much better my car is than hers :D
then after getting a phone call from the salesman to see how my drive home was (which I thought was pretty good :)) I had to find the best civic forum which I did :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.