2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Hope everyone is good. I was just wondering what bike racks people use on their civics? I have a pretty large mountain bike I would like to carry around but am unsure of what carriers will fit the civic. The car has a towbar fitted but no roof rack so any roof rack bike carrier is out of the question.
I appreciate any guidance people can give!
Thank you everyone and stay safe :)

·
Super Moderator
1,424 Posts
Honda do a roof rack for the 8G but it is of course lots of ££££.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Too paranoid about showing it to the neighbours. Stealth and all that.

I drop the right hand seat, frame in drive side down with handlebars in first. Front wheel under rear triangle, back wheel on top. All protected with towels etc.

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
if you have tow bar then it looks like a towbar mounted 1 will be best option
remember the civic boot/hatch is plastic

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too paranoid about showing it to the neighbours. Stealth and all that.

I drop the right hand seat, frame in drive side down with handlebars in first. Front wheel under rear triangle, back wheel on top. All protected with towels etc.
yeah ive been doing that just need the space inside the car for luggage! looking to take the bike away with me for further away trails.
Thanks for the reply mate

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
Yeah i thought that might be the case I just wasnt sure about the wiring for the lights etc
buy a kit with the little box that goes between car wiring and tow bar wiring
not sure on civic but lot of modern cars use fine wiring so they do a junction box that takes the load from the towbar and reduces load on the cars loom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts