2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm lost as to what I should buy...​

I have a 2.2 Diesel, and I can't seem to find a suitable brake lines for it!

It appears that Type-R brake lines may be suitable, but I don't want to buy and find out they are not!

Has anyone got a 2.2 Diesel that has done the upgrade on brake lines, pads and discs?

Part numbers for various manufacturers, e.g. Hel, Goodridge, etc. would be great :)

Thanks in advance.

MxM

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I have a 5 door 2.2 diesel fitted with the goodrich type R braided hoses, dot5.1 fluid and EBC yellowstuff pads. The discs are less important but EBC are the cheapest option. There was no problem fitting the hoses! and the performance is night and day different to the original.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
All CTR stainless lines fit all Civics - I fitted 'Stoptech' last summer - they are the most expensive, but were all I could get at the time - whatever type you get, ensure that it's a 6-line kit ...

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
why the 6 lines, where the car has 4 lines to the brake callipers..??

(somehow i know this is gonna be a stupid question :facepalm:)

·
Jaguar Master Tech
425 Posts
why the 6 lines, where the car has 4 lines to the brake callipers..??

(somehow i know this is gonna be a stupid question :facepalm:)
The Civic also has 2 flexible brake hoses from the body to the rear suspension beam, making 6 hoses in total :p!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just changed my brakepads for some Greestuff, and new brakefluid fra Castrol (Super Response DOT4).
I can tell the difference allready. Next step will be the braided hoses.
Going on a track day this Saturday. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Just changed my brakepads for some Greestuff, and new brakefluid fra Castrol (Super Response DOT4).
I can tell the difference allready. Next step will be the braided hoses.
Going on a track day this Saturday. Looking forward to it!
The greenstuff won't be up to a trackday, especially when newly fitted. They need to be run in and aren't up to the heat you will be producing on a trackday. good luck :shock:

·
Registered
453 Posts
The greenstuff won't be up to a trackday, especially when newly fitted. They need to be run in and aren't up to the heat you will be producing on a trackday. good luck :shock:
Actually you are wrong.
The car performed exellent the whole day :)

The pads where run in on the way to the track (Artic Circle Raceway)
A 1400km journey one way.

Anyway, I think the Greenstuff where OK, but not the best. And they produce a quite of bit of dust.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Were they excellent or O.K. - you have confused me? I'm glad you had a good day and managed to stop in time for the corners!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hehe... Not so good in english. Sorry.

But yeah! The car was excellent, and the brakes where OK... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts