2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Type S since the end of Jan, love the car but I can't say I'm overly impressed with the brakes. My previous car was a Toyota Celica which had smaller rotors (275mm up front) & rims and set up was completely stock but I just don't have the same confidence with the Civic, there's no way I would currently approach something like a roundabout at the speeds I used to. I know a lot of people go the FN2 route but I'm not sure that, that's really necessary, so I was wondering what other peoples experiences were & if they'd changed discs/brake compounds and the results?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Get a set of yellowstuff pads and some better discs, that'll immediately show you an improvement.
If you want a more confident pedal feel, braided hoses will do that.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
If you do decide to go with the FN2 setup I will be taking my OEM kit off and fitting a BBK tomorrow so mine will be available and I am only in Downham. You would just need pads as I only have pagid on at the min

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
The pagid pads have been ok for me, they are very good cold compared to more race orientated pads but they are a little noisey!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you do decide to go with the FN2 setup I will be taking my OEM kit off and fitting a BBK tomorrow so mine will be available and I am only in Downham. You would just need pads as I only have pagid on at the min
Plus I may have a set of braided hoses as well.
Well at the end of the day it comes down to the thorny subject of cash really (& Of course condition), how much would you be looking for?

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I will have to have a look and see what they are going for on the sales page but I am not after packing big bucks, would much prefer someone on here benefit from them.

I was planning to clean and paint them and possibly strip and re-seal if required so that will make a difference

Didn't get chance to fit the BBK at the weekend as I managed to lose my lock nut key and have had to buy a new one but hopefully should be done by the weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts