2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

After researching here, the net andfriends advice there appears to be some real controversial thoughts.

What brake pads are best ? Ferodo? Coseorth? Minted? Red Green or yellow stuff?

Is it recommended to get updated discs? Are they much more than normal discs?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Ferodo ds2500 are probably best but the yellows are nearly half price and don't fade on the road. The greens aren't up to any abuse.

I reckon uprated discs may be more show than go although I have mtec grooved ones myself (again cheap).

If you have uprated pads you really need braided hoses and uprated fluid.

If you are on a budget but want reliable brakes you need braided hoses, uprated brake fluid, blank discs and yellowstuff pads.

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
if youre looking for sharper brakes do the lines and fluid and fit the pad with the lowest initial operating temp. if you regularly drive hard enough that your brakes fade you need a pad and discs with a higher top end temp. i havent cooked my brakes yet.....

sent from my phone

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Are yellowstuff really that much better than greenstuff for the road? I would have expected them to require more heat to be effective.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Are yellowstuff really that much better than greenstuff for the road? I would have expected them to require more heat to be effective.
I was disappointed with the greenstuff apart from their lifespan. I am on my second set of yellows. I would have fitted ferodo ds2500 until I compared prices! :facepalm:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm buying the bits to up-rate my brakes and need to know if I need 500ml or 1 litre of Motul RBF 600.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Will the Yellowstuff pads work ok with the EBC plain standard disc's?

Im looking at ordering some disc's and pads soon, i'm on a bit of a budget at the moment hence the standard disc's, I'm looking at TG disc's on the front and standard on the rear.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.