2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
need to change my wiper blades for my UK 62 plate (9th gen) Civic.
Using Bosh Aerotwin but there was slight streaks of water even when it was new.

Any1 know what brand Honda OEMs are?
Saw some OEM for sale on eBay (Honda dealers eBay account)
But they seem quite expensive.

if not any advice on a different brand?

thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
4,512 Posts
did you give the screen a good clean before fitting the new blades?
any muck stuck to the screen will do that.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just ordered a front set from Cox Honda for £29 minus Forum discount of 10% which seems quite reasonable for known good wipers

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,278 Posts
I wouldn't bother with OEM and just get Bosch Aerotwins. I put some on my 2013 Civic and they were superb. Quiet, efficient and streak free.

Reactions: andyk134

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I replaced my OEM front blades with Bosch Aerotwins some time ago , and they have been fine.
I have just replaced the OEM rear wiper blade with a Denso Hybrid blade which looks exactly the same as OEM as I didn't like the look of the Aerotwin on the rear window. The Denso blade seems to work fine and looks OK, but it won't get the same use as the fronts.
I bought the Denso blade from Opie Oils , they were one of the few retailers who gave the correct 19" blade for the rear, most others tried to sell an 18", and as I am still shielding , mail order is better for me. The same blades are available from Eurocarparts if it's more convenient.
There were , apparently counterfeit Bosch wipers sold online, is there a chance you've got them ? Also , as others have said, cleaning outside of windscreen and the wiper blades with a proper window cleaner can also give good results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did you give the screen a good clean before fitting the new blades?
any muck stuck to the screen will do that.
Remembered I clean the windscreen but it was like the blade was not hugging the windscreen

Just ordered a front set from Cox Honda for £29 minus Forum discount of 10% which seems quite reasonable for known good wipers
I remember asking Poole Honda dealer, and it was under £20? Been a while ago so dunno remembered incorrect, or prices have gone up

The blades of wipers are Mitsuba

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G930F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
^ this.

MITSUBA is what honda sell as OEM
thanks!!!

I wouldn't bother with OEM and just get Bosch Aerotwins. I put some on my 2013 Civic and they were superb. Quiet, efficient and streak free.
The pair I had wasn’t like hugging the windscreen,
So had some water streaks.
Maybe just a bad pair?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I remember asking Poole Honda dealer, and it was under £20? Been a while ago so dunno remembered incorrect, or prices have gone up
I would hate to think that I have been ripped off. If there is that much difference in price the only consolation is I get the correct part first time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I replaced my OEM front blades with Bosch Aerotwins some time ago , and they have been fine.
I have just replaced the OEM rear wiper blade with a Denso Hybrid blade which looks exactly the same as OEM as I didn't like the look of the Aerotwin on the rear window. The Denso blade seems to work fine and looks OK, but it won't get the same use as the fronts.
I bought the Denso blade from Opie Oils , they were one of the few retailers who gave the correct 19" blade for the rear, most others tried to sell an 18", and as I am still shielding , mail order is better for me. The same blades are available from Eurocarparts if it's more convenient.
There were , apparently counterfeit Bosch wipers sold online, is there a chance you've got them ? Also , as others have said, cleaning outside of windscreen and the wiper blades with a proper window cleaner can also give good results.
the last pair of Bosh Aerotwin wasn’t that good for me. The retailer seems to be a reputable 1, so would think they are genuine.
So want to see if OEM will be better.
Not too bothered about rear, the vision isn’t that good with the Civic anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would hate to think hat I have been ripped off.
was a few years ago, before covid, so prices must gone up a bit. I moved away from Poole area, and the nearest Honda dealer isn’t that convenient for me, so haven’t asked.
I was seeing £30 for a pair on eBay Honda dealers,
Seems a bit expensive, so seeing if I can get it cheaper somewhere else online.

can you give me pointers where to order from cox Honda, and if I’m eligible for discount,
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
orders here: Home
email them with your forum ID or reply to their thread on here Loyalty Scheme
thanks for the links

Just called my nearest dealer (Hendy Honda) £35 set of fronts. I Remember calling Poole Horizon Honda before and they were cheaper.

well think I’ll go with Cox motors.

thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
CW GT
1,685 Posts
Cox honda oems fo rme earlier this year, usually aero twins but i like how quiet the hondas are and a nice snug fit on the type-r

1 - 15 of 15 Posts