2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

Just starting to order my cleaning / detailing setup and need some input for best brand and products.

Wash & Shampoo - Auto Glym range
Mitt - Incredimitt
Clay & Clay pad - ???????
Micro Fiber - Eagle Edgeless
Towel - ????????

Any other suggestions etc would be awesome.

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Wash and shampoo - Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II
Clay - Bilt Hamber Regular
Towel - Chemical Guys - Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Wash and Shampoo - I am using Zymol, love this stuff, the paint feels very smooth through the wash mitt when washing.

Clay + Lube
- Im using a Megs clay bar but dont have much experience with anything else but the Chemical Guys clay luber seems to be really good stuff

Towel - I just got an Auto Finesse Aqua Deluxe and I'm really impressed with it, one towel dried the car nicely.

I'd also recommend Poor Boys Quick Detailer + to aid drying with the towel, leaves a brilliant finish and leaves a layer of sealant on the paint.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Wash & Shampoo - Auto Glym range (I prefer Adams or Britemax Shampoo)
Mitt - Incredimitt (I like Adams or Dooka wash pads)
Clay & Clay pad - ??????? (Bilt Hamber regular or Soft)
Micro Fiber - Eagle Edgeless (I recommend Chemical Guys or Purple Monster or the blue ones from RagMaster)
Towel - ???????? (Big Yellow from Prestige Car Care or CG Wooly Mammoth)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wash & Shampoo - Dodo Juice Sour Power or Born to be Mild
Mitt - Autofinesse Lambswool
Clay & Clay pad - Dodo Juice Born Slippy and Basics of Bling Clay.
Micro Fiber - Kirkland Yellow ones from Costco
Towel - Purple Monster

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
As you will soon find out everyone has their favourite combos, you probably wont go wrong with any of the tbh, loads of threads on the very same subject, have a search and you will soon pick out a few regular favourites

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I use this for claying, combined with the G3 bodyprep shampoo.

Mini review of new Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt - Detailing World

Absolutely fantastic and makes claying so easy. I usually use this before my car's spring polish and detail (looking forward to next month).

For regular washes I use the Autoglym shampoo/conditioner followed by Autoglym Aquawax.

I use a lambs wool wash mitt and always two buckets (with grit guards). I use good quality microfibers to dry off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all of your inputs guys.

And as mentioned I can see like any branding, everybody has there favourites.

I can see a few brand names popping up regularly so I will stick with them to start with.

A little bit excited to get it all and give the car its first "proper" clean and detail....

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
A little bit excited to get it all and give the car its first "proper" clean and detail....
Enjoy it mate, all the effort is well worth it. I started off with the basics and gradually over time built up a nice detailing collection. I've not made the jump to snow foam yet though ;)

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
My preffered shampoo at the minute is the Adams shampoo.

Wash mitt or pad. I have the incredimitt nutrition leaves blue bits in the badges etc so I now use the Adams wash mitt or carpro merino wash mitt.

Clay has to be bilthamber for quality and value for money.

Microfiber has to be the carpro boa for me but it depends what you want to use them for....

Towel hands down is the prestige car care big yellow. An awesome drying towel.

Also worth looking at a QD and I would recommend the Adams detail spray. If you wanted one with more added protection then chemical guys V07 hybrid is great as is BMD lasarus hybrid. A cheaper alternative is autoglym rapid detail which can be got from halfords who have a 3 for 2 on at the minute.
Then there's your final stage product, wax or sealant... These vary in price so much from £15 up to silly prices... Hundreds to choose from all with different qualities.

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
My preffered shampoo at the minute is the Adams shampoo.

Wash mitt or pad. I have the incredimitt nutrition leaves blue bits in the badges etc so I now use the Adams wash mitt or carpro merino wash mitt.

Clay has to be bilthamber for quality and value for money.

Microfiber has to be the carpro boa for me but it depends what you want to use them for....

Towel hands down is the prestige car care big yellow. An awesome drying towel.

Also worth looking at a QD and I would recommend the Adams detail spray. If you wanted one with more added protection then chemical guys V07 hybrid is great as is BMD lasarus hybrid. A cheaper alternative is autoglym rapid detail which can be got from halfords who have a 3 for 2 on at the minute.
Then there's your final stage product, wax or sealant... These vary in price so much from £15 up to silly prices... Hundreds to choose from all with different qualities.
Nice reply buddy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts