2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the July issue of What Car? magazine and an article caught my eye on the front page £200 option that could save your life.....it is all about ESP/VSA etc. and the car they are using to demonstrate is......yes you guessed it :D :D :D They look like EX's

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I should think switching ESP off is a good cure for constipation !!! :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've now done 3000 miles in my ictdi and last night going home the VSA kicked in for the first time, twice in 5 minutes actually.

Left work going the normal route and after about 5 minutes it happened.

1st time waiting at lights on a roundabout in middle lane with vans either side. Took off a little quicker than normal, got ahead of the vans slight right then slight left for exit, on the left turn it came on. When it kicked in I thought I had a fault as the power dropped off alarmingly and I was in the middle of the road with nowhere to go. Thankfully as I straightend up the power came back.

2nd time was a left sweep onto the M6 North from the A38 expresway in Birmingham not sharp and I go round it the same every night, suddenly at the crown of the sweep no power again. Then back it came.

The roads appeared dry last night when this happened but I suppose they might have been damp patches. On the way in that morning it was very very wet though and my car was parked inside all day. Do you think some water may have been left around the sensors/breaks/tyres which caused VSA to come on or is it more likey damp roads.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Don't forget the system is not just traction control. If it detects a skid (most commonly from the rear when you are cornering and lift off the power) then it will go into rescue-you mode where it eases back on the power and applies braking effort to individual wheels to bring you out of the skid. Very clever really, but can be a bit intrusive if you like to press on a bit.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Pottsy said:
Very clever really, but can be a bit intrusive if you like to press on a bit.
Hence the 'VSA off' button :lol:

I think there's a light that flashes on the dash whenever the VSA is actually doing its thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes the warning light is an orange triangle with an exlamation mark in it !

I presume I must have been about to skid then for VSA to be so aggressive. Although I have to say I can't imagine how I would have got into a skid on the motorway junction. Perhaps I thought I was back in the old type R and getting my boot down without thinking.

Oh well its not activated since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts