2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the guys from What Car from another planet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

·
nulli secundus
350 Posts
Not really. Poor headroom in back and the steering is very vague.

·
nulli secundus
350 Posts
Headroom is the same as 8g? Driven many miles in a 9g?
About 300 the ride is better, however steering was vague like kia ceed and hyundai i30. Smaller in back than 8g. Just my personal opinion. Also thinl the 8g looks better

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
The one thing I keep hearing from would-be buyers like my Dad is that it's simply too expensive.

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
It has better visibility the the Hyundai velostar turbo or what ever its called. The rear wipe is about the width of a hand spread out ( thumb to little finger)

sent from fraggle rock

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
I think we discussed this What Car review some time ago. I also think we decided that the muppets over there were not reviewing the 9G but has resurrected the old 8G review. There is no way they can now say the ride is disappointing.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
what worries me is the fact that he 'marketting team' at honda have obviously seen this and done sweet F A about it.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I think we discussed this What Car review some time ago. I also think we decided that the muppets over there were not reviewing the 9G but has resurrected the old 8G review. There is no way they can now say the ride is disappointing.
I have to agree with you Kremmen as I have sat in the new 9G Civic and thought the inside is an improvement. In my opinion the overall car is better.

I haven't test driven one yet but I just might have to.

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
I've only had mine since Friday and only clocked up 40 miles but it's a totally different world. Suspension, quietness, general quality.

it's only when you get the car home and look closely at the fit and finish and realise that Swindon are doing a really good job with quality parts.

I've seen comments here about 'would you go back to a 8G' and I agree with the answers which are a definite "NO".

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I've only had mine since Friday and only clocked up 40 miles but it's a totally different world. Suspension, quietness, general quality.

it's only when you get the car home and look closely at the fit and finish and realise that Swindon are doing a really good job with quality parts.

I've seen comments here about 'would you go back to a 8G' and I agree with the answers which are a definite "NO".
I was just driving behind a 9G in black and it looked really good. I am a fan of the update.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What Car? aka 'Whinge Car' seem to have downgraded the current Accord now. 2 stars! Reason? Rubbish quality and reliability and questionable refinement. All areas which other jornos have praised. Complete joke. What Car need shutting down.

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
I've only done 80 miles in my 9G and I'm totally won over. It's just so much better at almost everything.

I think Honda should offer 24hr test drives to existing 8G owners first and see what happens.

What is amazing me most is the eerie silence at all speeds, no road noise to talk of and virtually no engine noise, it's uncanny how they have achieved this.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've only done 80 miles in my 9G and I'm totally won over. It's just so much better at almost everything.

I think Honda should offer 24hr test drives to existing 8G owners first and see what happens.

What is amazing me most is the eerie silence at all speeds, no road noise to talk of and virtually no engine noise, it's uncanny how they have achieved this.
Noise cancellation system is probably helping a lot.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Doubt it, its only on the 1.6 iDTEC.....
Noise cancellation is not new tech for Honda... Acura have had it for a few years. Prob in the 1.6 to bring the noise levels down to the same level as the 1.8. I would guess its noiser than the 2.2 too being small and lightweight. I gues all future models that have the 1.6 wil have have ANC

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Honda have been using it in the Legend and the Accord as well. Its in the 1.6 iDTec as to lose 56-60 kilos of weight, the balancer shaft has been removed (amongst other items). It is currently only used in the 1.6 iDTEC , no other engine variants.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
I wasn't a fan of the 9G on looks but I was given one as a courtesy car when mine was being serviced and I was totally won over. It's a really lovely car to drive. Smooth and quiet with a quality interior. If I wasn't such a hot hatch lover I would have one!

Honda should offer them as courtesy cars to all their customers as I'm sure it would improve sales.

That What Car review is utter rubbish

1 - 20 of 47 Posts