2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
more torque than the mrs
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
loved posting in the 8th gen thread so I thought I'd start one on the 9th gen thread, as I'm sure some will like to post what they have done today with their car...

so today I cleaned the ice off the windows and went a for a very long drive...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Today I did my first ever waxing.

After I had finished, I've read that you should leave the wax on for at least 15 minutes before buffing, not at most. :D
Tomorrow I'll do the second coat of wax and, unlike today, I'll do the whole car before buffing.

I could post some photos, but you cannot see anything meaningful on them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not today but yesterday. Installed LED bulbs to the rear number plate lights, the boot light, the interior dome light and the map reading lights. Just waiting for the bulbs for the vanity mirror lights to come from Hong Kong and have to decide if I'm doing anything with the headlights. Typically reverse problem to what I had with the 8th gen. On that the halogen sidelights looked naff compared to the HID headlights (I eventually got around to changing them for LEDs). On the 9th gen the halogen headlights look naff compared to the LED DRLs/sidelights.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was finally able to fix the very annoying squeaking/cracking/vibrations of driver seat, which would manifest every time I change gears (strong press with my left foot, resulting in more pressure applied to the seat with my back).

I've opened up the back of the seat, located the horizontal piece that seemed to be the problem, and upon some further inspection I realized: that piece was only transmitting vibrations to my back, which were caused by the springs on each side.
A small amount of WD-40 to each spring did the trick, and for the first time since I own the car (a bit more than a month now) I had a nice smooth ride without annoyances. It was such a great experience! :)

Now I just hope that this solution will last and the vibrations won't return the next time I sit in the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was finally able to fix the very annoying squeaking/cracking/vibrations of driver seat, which would manifest every time I change gears (strong press with my left foot, resulting in more pressure applied to the seat with my back).

I've opened up the back of the seat, located the horizontal piece that seemed to be the problem, and upon some further inspection I realized: that piece was only transmitting vibrations to my back, which were caused by the springs on each side.
A small amount of WD-40 to each spring did the trick, and for the first time since I own the car (a bit more than a month now) I had a nice smooth ride without annoyances. It was such a great experience! :)

Now I just hope that this solution will last and the vibrations won't return the next time I sit in the car.
WD40 tends not to be a permanent fix unfortunately. If the noise does return try some lubricating grease on them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ordered Wind Deflectors. Had the bumpers and damaged panels all fixed and resprayed. Now waiting to find a solution to wheel arches and attempt vinyl wrapping some of interior to carbon fibre.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Let me know. I'm torn between buying new arches or painting my existing ones. Either will be getting a ppf coating before goin back in the car

·
more torque than the mrs
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
today I dropped the car off at the bodyshop ,i'm getting my bonnet repainted and blended into the wings and also having my new front splitter fitted, hopefully it will be stone chip free when I get it back... I have this to drive around in for the next 4/5 days...

Attachments

·
more torque than the mrs
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
today I finished doing a smart repair on a fk2 wheel I bought as a spare, I did buy it fully refurbished but when it arrived it was damaged so ended up getting it for £100 from the seller, i tried a few places locally for a refurb and none would put the pin stripe around the edge so I thought I'll do the repair myself, turned out pretty good just got to touch in the red and put a tyre on it....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts