2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Today I've installed Bluespark Pro+Boost tuning box.

There are some noticeable gains, but nothing spectacular, at least with the following modes I've briefly tried so far: C6 (default), D5 (some users mentioned they are using it), C9 (it should be like C6 but a bit stronger).
From the information I have, mode D should suit my needs the best (more torque and power at lower rpm), but D5 didn't impress me when I tried it. I'll re-try next time with some number higher than five.

Update: now I've tried E7 mode, and it feels like the best one so far.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Could you please some info on this? (item code, price) My boot struts have started leaking some oil so it's time to replace them.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Could you please some info on this? (item code, price) My boot struts have started leaking some oil so it's time to replace them.
No worries, I bought these ones and fitted them this PM, they are a straight swop and support the boot lid both up and down smoothly.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I spent the time in coronavirus semi-isolation designing and prototyping a footwell LED dimmer that is plug and play using the options connection. It comes on full when the sidelights come on and fades when the key goes to position 2. Turn the key back to 1 and they come on full again (if the sidelights are still on)

I don't know if anyone else has done this but I didn't want to cut into the harness, which also seemed to be a pain to do. Next step is to refine the design based on testing and than get some PCBs made.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I decided to give the tourer a good clean and polish today

It wasn't especially dirty but it had lots of tar spots and sap marks over the body

I washed thoroughly with washing up liquid, then clayed every panel to remove all the tar and other dirt. I was amazed how much came off with the clay and once I'd finished the paint was really smooth and shiny

Then re-cleaned to get rid of any residual clay and polished with an Autoglym polish

Very happy with the result, probably spent around 4 hours in total

IMG_20200326_155200375_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
283 Posts
I didn't actually use a dedicated clay bar product.
Following a tip I saw on YouTube I bought some plumber's putty. A tub from Screwfix cost 3.49 and it worked really well.
Seems putty and claybar are really the same thing.
You can see the results speak for themselves

21 - 28 of 28 Posts