2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, not long ordered my Type S GT, in NHB. No blade alloys, YET! :). Wasted no time in ordering my Civinfo sticker and will be on the look out for others, impressed with what this site offers, you all seem a great bunch and very helpful (must be the choice in car ;)) Cheers all, speak soon.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Welcome onboard Dave. When do you get your car ??

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the welcome, I pick my car up on Fri and hopefully (English weather permitting) straight out in the sunshine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi can i ask you when did you purchase the car as i have bought a type s gt in nhb on april 29th and i have been told i cant get it till first week in june If you bought yours after that it gives me somthing to get onto the dealer about

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
HI OD,

Welcome to the best and most comprehensive forum on the Civic.

What you want to know we can answer - well Pottsy, Robbo, TTDegs and Dimpleyred and others can answer - I simply say hello to people - I know my limits;).

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Hi can i ask you when did you purchase the car as i have bought a type s gt in nhb on april 29th and i have been told i cant get it till first week in june If you bought yours after that it gives me somthing to get onto the dealer about
Hi have you ordered any extras like diffrent alloys sat nav etc as these can also hold up production of the car if they are not in stock.

Another thing to establish is if the post writter has A) bought a 1.8 or a 2.2 and you've ordered the 2.2 haven't you? and B) if the car is a 2.2 brand spanking and not from stock was it a cancelled order?

The delivery time your dealer gave you is what Honda UK advise on their ordering system at the initial stages

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi have you ordered any extras like diffrent alloys sat nav etc as these can also hold up production of the car if they are not in stock.

Another thing to establish is if the post writter has A) bought a 1.8 or a 2.2 and you've ordered the 2.2 haven't you? and B) if the car is a 2.2 brand spanking and not from stock was it a cancelled order?

The delivery time your dealer gave you is what Honda UK advise on their ordering system at the initial stages
Hi Angie4m No extras just standard
A) its the 2.2
B) Not sure what a cancelled order is :oops:
Was given a rough date of the 14th May then when i phoned back was told it would be some time between 2nd to the 6th june

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Hi Angie4m No extras just standard
A) its the 2.2
B) Not sure what a cancelled order is :oops:
Was given a rough date of the 14th May then when i phoned back was told it would be some time between 2nd to the 6th june
The cancelled order bit was more for OvergrownDave to answer to help you out.

I saw your post Bazza that said you had ordered the 2.2, but OvergrownDave hasn't actually confirmed if he's gone for the 1.8 Petrol or the 2.2 Diesel as these would have different build times.

If your dealer gave you a date of the 14th May I would hope that they were putting the order through the system at the time and not going on what it had been two hours before, as I know from experiance it can change rather quickly from one date to another once all the alloaction has been bought. If they had not checked the systems whilst dealing with you then they may have made a hash of this and just dont want to say so. Another reason could be that parts for the car, the alloy wheels etc could be delayed as they are not made by Honda and they have to await shipments from their suppliers. Without these they cannot build you a car and this hold is it.

As for the cancelled order part, I was wondering if OvergrownDave has ordered the same as you, 2.2, if another customer had placed an order for this car but then changed their mind hence the cancelled order, hence quicker delivery as that car was probably on order before yours.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, Yeah, I don't know I just guess I was lucky, the Honda garage I went to was having a promotional event so I guess they had extra stock or a canceled order not sure which I didn't ask and I'm not gonna kick up a fuss, the sooner the better. Only a few more hours to go, even got a long weekend off work so I can relax and enjoy the ride. Got my civinfo.com sticker yesterday, so I'll be straight home and attempt to get that level.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome to the best forum and site ever!! You'll soon realise that everyone on here are totally mad about their Civics, and well you can't blame them - they are fantastic spaceships! We are all a friendly bunch too - nothings ever too much trouble, if you've a problem, concern - or fault!!! Enjoy your spaceship!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Picked up my shiney pap pap, straight home to apply my Civinfo sticker (surprisingly straight) I now drive with a smile on my face finding excuses to drive anywhere (petrol tax man will love me) Right, next thing is to look round for speakers to upgrade original system, first thing I do on all cars. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts