2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Civic is starting to rack up a couple of faults such as Windscreen cowl, Handbrake recall, (possible) clicking clutch.

I'm going to fix the windscreen cowl myself, and for the recalled handbrake i will put this in asap.

But for other issues (and ones that will probably develop over time) do you all keep regularly going to dealer as and when they crop up?

or, wait till you have 2-3 issues then try to fix them in one go?

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
I've been to the dealer FIVE times so far, but am putting up with the rattles and dodgy remote locking for the moment.

As you're taking your car in anyway, you might as well get them to have a look at your Civic's other issues at the same time.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I saved mine up, then took it to the dealer and said "here you go" along with a hand written list.

They did everything apart from the clicking clutch which in the end got resolved (cruise control switch replaced).

The Cowl I did myself which has resolved it completely, now more than happy.

IMO as few visits to the dealer as possible is the best way, less chance of them causing damage.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
If I get a problem I get it sorted out. Depending on what the nature of the problem was, I would hate for it to get worse and the dealer tell me it's my fault for leaving it so long to get it looked at.

Possibly causing problems making a warranty claim. :(

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
If I get a problem I get it sorted out. Depending on what the nature of the problem was, I would hate for it to get worse and the dealer tell me it's my fault for leaving it so long to get it looked at.

Possibly causing problems making a warranty claim. :(
Interesting point, not that I believe they are clever enough to work out timescales :D

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Personally I have only been back for the services and once for the windscreen cowl, which they did for me FOC. and a second time to get new mats under warranty. That's on top of the services I had done (3000km and 20000km).

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Interesting point, not that I believe they are clever enough to work out timescales :D
Don't get me wrong Mr JP, I'm with you on the 'less visits the better' aspect. :D

It's just that I think, how long do you put up with something hoping something else will go wrong to make the visit more neccessary?

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
If I have something wrong with the car I will take it immediately as I don't want to get the blame for causing any more damage or problem.

I would rather take it and look stupid than not take it at all!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Depends on how long you can live with it! :D

Afterall, you could find that it's another 6 or 9 months before the next issue comes along...

Personally, if it's just a niggle I tend to leave it till the next service (but I need 2 services per year with my mileage).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts