2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what other people use their video input for, I've HDD SatNav and can't think of a use for the input socket.

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
I though the same when I looked under the flap. They seem to be the standard 3 x phono plugs so I suppose a compatible Video Camera ?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Look at a video from your phone I guess.

If its 3xrca you can use for example a audii/video cable with your ipod

·
Registered
616 Posts
You can show your phones screen on it dunno any other uses. Connect a car pc? Lol

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Look at a video from your phone I guess.

If its 3xrca you can use for example a audii/video cable with your ipod
+1

BTW, on the US wiring diagrams for the CR-V that has the same HDD Nav, it seem the way it turns off the video when driving is when one wire from the Nav is grounded via the handbrake...

... a simple hack if can get to the rear of the Nav unit :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
+1

BTW, on the US wiring diagrams for the CR-V that has the same HDD Nav, it seem the way it turns off the video when driving is when one wire from the Nav is grounded via the handbrake...

... a simple hack if can get to the rear of the Nav unit :)
Yes I remember this from other car brands and usually thats what people do :)

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can show your phones screen on it dunno any other uses. Connect a car pc? Lol
Can you get an iphone 5 cable with video cabling at the other end (Red, black,Yellow)?

Maybe we could have a phone screen in the HDD unit, you could stream video etc

·
Registered
616 Posts
Can you get an iphone 5 cable with video cabling at the other end (Red, black,Yellow)?

Maybe we could have a phone screen in the HDD unit, you could stream video etc
Yes should work. If I remember correctly a non jailbroken iphone only outputs video when a program calls for it and not all the time like in menus.
Might have changed since 3g I dont know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts