2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Need help :( this symbol light came on... i think its a tyre symbol right? first i thou i have a flat tyre, but i pump it up and the symbol is still there, i dont have my manual on my at the moment, so i cant figure out what it really means.... can **** help please.

im a bit concern driving with it on :s

Attachments

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Low tyre presure!!!! i'd check your wheels one need pumping up. or a the monitor nees looking at.:popcorn:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did pump it up, but it still there... can i ask what psi should it be?

:( hope it isnt serious

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
It means your horse shoe's fallen off ?!

:popcorn2:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dont forget that you need to reset the warning after pumping up a tyre. I haven't access to a manual at present but you need to use the computor controls on the steering wheel. Hold down the reset button to get the menu on the trip system on the rev counter and scroll through until the tyre pressure settings come up.

Once reset it will monitor the wheel speeds over a few miles on should then be OK.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Does the Type R GT had tyre pressure monitor?

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I had this mate, just as I was in my way to a Honda dealer. And he found a nail in my tyre! Said that was why

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Mines an 07 OOhh I'll have a gleg in the book later :p

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
There is no tyre pressure monitor on the CTR. It simply uses the abs sensor to calculate how fast the wheel is rotating. Any differences in tyre pressure will cause the wheel to rotate slightly faster or slower and you get the warning you saw. Mine came on when the front tyres got too hot and had too much pressure.

As others have said it needs to be reset to go away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts