2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone.

Still a newbie and im not very mechanically minded so i may ask very silly questions!
This warning like came up on my dash recently....i read its an oil sensor?! But i have checked my oil and its on maximum.
Any idea exactly what it means and how can i go about fixing it?
I have a 56 plate 2.2 CDTI ES in case you need to know! Cheers!
Paul

JUST REALISED I DONT KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS INTO MY POST! OOPS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. For now, i will describe it!
Its an orange symbol, picture is the oil can with an exclamation mark next to it on the right with 'waves' underneath.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
That means Low Oil Pressure.

Causes:
Issue with ECU(software update can fix this)
Wrong oil type in engine
Bad Oil Pressure Sensor.
Oil leak
Bad Seals

Since you have an 2006 model there was an ECU software update the fixed this sort of issue, your dealer may charge for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah right ok. My brother mentioned something about a software update. Will be worth getting in contact with my Honda and finding out how much its going to cost me!

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a great tip! As far as i can remember, it was serviced at Honda except the one last year with the previous owner so will be worth a try!
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
According to the wiki low oil pressure is the oilcan with no wavy line underneath and a red warning light.

The wiki says a oilcan with a wavy line underneath and with an exclamation mark is a oil level sensor failure.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
According to the wiki low oil pressure is the oilcan with no wavy line underneath and a red warning light.

The wiki says a oilcan with a wavy line underneath and with an exclamation mark is a oil level sensor failure.
That's what I thought too.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Yeah, i had a brain fart.

Oil can with water line means Low Oil Level, which is worse than Low Oil Pressure.
Personally, I'd rather put right low oil level (by topping up) than low oil pressure (which may need an engine rebuild).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts