2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

As the title suggests, what other mods would i need to get to approx 250 bhp? I have some in mind but would like your opinions. My current mods are listed in my signature.

Thanks

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
Well im hitting 240 with my mods, although its a higer then average reading compared to other cars.

So id imagine a toda exhaust manifold and that killer kit buisness would do the trick. If not theres always RRC and TB for a few extra ponies.

And then maybe some more agressive cams such as Toda A3's?

But for 250 get an exhaust mani, oil pump killer kit, RRC and TB = easy peasy ;)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Sure the miltek is better top end but TODA midrange according to a dyno graph I seen on here! But like others have said you need a mani rrc tb fd2 pump

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Assuming you mean at the flywheel?

Hard work to get to 250bhp. Look at my mods, TDI North's rollers show me at a 230bhp ish.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Surely not as tdi north rollers show me at 230 with just intake and cams
:hmmmm2: Thats what I got at TDI Norths dyno day. At hubs I've got 204bhp peak.

Not fussed about peak to be honest. Dont think I'll get over 250bhp without getting charger or following the expensive mods Paul made to his NA FN2.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
K20A with similiar mods to me got same peak figure

Well im hitting 240 with my mods, although its a higer then average reading compared to other cars.

So id imagine a toda exhaust manifold and that killer kit buisness would do the trick. If not theres always RRC and TB for a few extra ponies.

And then maybe some more agressive cams such as Toda A3's?

But for 250 get an exhaust mani, oil pump killer kit, RRC and TB = easy peasy ;)
Surely not as tdi north rollers show me at 230 with just intake and cams
Love to see where your both at on TDI South's dyno

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Assuming you mean at the flywheel?

Hard work to get to 250bhp. Look at my mods, TDI North's rollers show me at a 230bhp ish.
Yes sorry i meant at the fly. With my mods i achieved 235 on tdi-norths dyno, u have more/ better mods than me. I would expect u to be in the high 230s at least. Maybe conditions play a part? Different day, tyres etc?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Yes sorry i meant at the fly. With my mods i achieved 235 on tdi-norths dyno, u have more/ better mods than me. I would expect u to be in the high 230s at least. Maybe conditions play a part? Different day, tyres etc?
Yeah might be accuracy issue on RR

Having said that, hub dynos removes all those factors and 204bhp at hubs sounds about right for 230bhp at fly.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
ive got 235bhp with my mods, paul said i could have got more if i didnt have semi slicks on whilst on the dyno, also i only run normal unleaded, so that would boost the bhp if tuned with it. im not bothered with the bhp figures tbh, its all about the torque for me, and im getting 173lbft, which feels pretty good.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
ive got 235bhp with my mods, paul said i could have got more if i didnt have semi slicks on whilst on the dyno, also i only run normal unleaded, so that would boost the bhp if tuned with it. im not bothered with the bhp figures tbh, its all about the torque for me, and im getting 173lbft, which feels pretty good.
Agreed, mid range torque is what its all about. Thats where your likely to be most the time.

153.1 lb-ft at 5490rpm measured at hubs

1 - 20 of 22 Posts