2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

Just curious if anybody has a experienced both Tegiwa and Milltek exhausts?

My FN2 has the Tegiwa system on it currently but i'm finding its abit boomy and doing shift work I come and go at unsociable hours so have to think about the neighbours (although nobody has complained yet)......I'm wanting to keep an aftermarket system on it as I like bit of noise but as its my daily driver and commuter car I'm just wanting to keep it at a reasonable level although it does sound damn good when I'm out the built up areas >:)

Is the milltek abit quieter than the tegiwa? or what others can people suggest thats got a nice noise to it but not too boomy from cold or drony at 70mph?

I also have the HKS RSK on it if that makes any difference to peoples suggestions.

Thanks in advance

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Milltek resonated / toda may be quieter.

Milltek non res will be louder but found to be less boomy. You may also find single exits are louder inside than out in regards to the lower boom sound. It seems to resonate in the boot. Just out of expierence having sampled the teg, mil non-res and now solid fabs 3".

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
Why don't you buy Wadkins14's toda? :smile3:
I have a milltek non res and have heard a teg, the teg is much quieter. Not sure about the res milltek though.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Davek, there is nothing quieter than tegiwa except a toda. You must have a decat mani right? Check that the tegiwa exhaust welds have not cracked anywhere, mine did twice and this will make the exhaust much louder than it should be. Also any gaskets, and not much sound should come from the front of the car. When my decat mani gasket went, the front of the car was louder than the back
I have a custom single exit solid fab cat back which resembles a tegiwa except it is a true 2.5" ID and it has a 3rd silencer at the tip which makes it probably 30% quieter, perhaps more. It was £550 at solid fab and it's the quietest FN2 cat back he's ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've just had a piper stainless cat back system fitted, a resonated one with the centre silencer on my FN2, and although it is louder than stock, It has a nice rumble to it at low revs.
The boomy bit - well if you put your foot down with this one around 2500rpm to 3000rpm it's a little on the boomy side, but it's quieter on the outside than it is inside so I'm told.
If you drive the car cautiously during unsociable hours, it's only slightly more noticeable than stock.
I can record a video and post it if that helps.

Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
It all depends on preference. I think my Miltek non-res is quiet for daily driving , and I've only really got the noise I wanted from the HKS RSK. Its a bit loud on start up though which is annoying 90% of the time...

With everything else standard, the Tegiwa is quieter than the Miltek non-res though. If you think the Tegiwa is a bit boomy its hard to know that other options there are, Toda or Miltek resonated version perhaps?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I think I'm going to get it up on the ramp at the garage and have a check around it especially if there's a history of cracked exhausts as that's the easiest thing I can do.

Anybody else who's had/still has a Tegiwa does it get drony at 70mph?

Also Nub, yes in the way of engine mods it has HKS RSK and Tegiwa manifold and Tegiwa cat back.

If you can get a video Creilly it would be good as I've always wondered what the piper sounded like. :smile3: also where abouts in Kent are you from?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
On cold start all aftermarket varieties seem a little loud. Even my Toda

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I think I'm going to get it up on the ramp at the garage and have a check around it especially if there's a history of cracked exhausts as that's the easiest thing I can do.

Anybody else who's had/still has a Tegiwa does it get drony at 70mph?

Also Nub, yes in the way of engine mods it has HKS RSK and Tegiwa manifold and Tegiwa cat back.

If you can get a video Creilly it would be good as I've always wondered what the piper sounded like. :smile3: also where abouts in Kent are you from?

Will get a video up for you either later or tomorrow hopefully. I couldn't find any piper video on an FN2 either but I'm well chuffed now I've got it....

In Whitstable fella

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will get a video up for you either later or tomorrow hopefully. I couldn't find any piper video on an FN2 either but I'm well chuffed now I've got it....

In Whitstable fella

Cool, cheers for that. I'm not too far away...on down the road on Sheppey.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's why it's so quiet ;)

Yeah but I meant it was one of quieter systems I've heard which suits me. The 2 silencers help of course, but yes having a standard mani and cat help...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts