2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I pick up my 06 cosmic grey ES with a mear 6000 miles on monday morning and cant wait.
While im counting the hours down im just flicking throught the brouchure and reading up on here,and wanted to know.Apart from what is listed in the spec list in the brouchure is there any other nicelittle touches to look forward to (what arnt listed) not that theres not enough already :D

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
the tiny little blue light directly above the gearstick :D

not mentioned anywhere, and often mistaken for being part of the handsfree bluetooth kit (it isn't) :D

oh - and if you're buying a 2.2, you get (sometimes, roughly) 10 extra ponies under the bonnet for free too :wink:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply m8.This tiny blue light....................what does it do??
Is it to light up the center console when driving at night.

cheers

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
The little blue light does that; but only when it's pitch black and it's not noticable, it's like moonlight!
When you're in pitch black then cover it up and then you might notice it; otherwise you won't.
ie. it's REALLY not very bright at all

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Yes you're right, it usefull at night to find something in the central console without having to use the main light and disturbing the driver during night drives

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I noticed the light only comes on when the auto headlights would light up. Don't get its purpose tho.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seen as where on about the gadgets i got a few questions about the auto lights and wipers.
I take it the auto lights come on when its turning dusk?if so do they come on as side lights or main beem.If they come on as sidelights do you then have to switch them over to headlights as it darkens.
The auto wipers again i take it they come on as soon as theres a few spots of rain?if so do they then stop once the rain stops?
Nood questions i know..............but stuff i need to know all the same :oops::oops:
Also is there a heated front screen...........and do the screen wash jets have heaters?

cheers

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
The autolights come on as main beam.

The "rain sensing" wipers come on when the sensor behind the rear view mirror senses rain over itself, not across the windscreen. I have had to manually trigger the wipers a few times when rain has just managed to avoid the sensor.

Front screen is not heated, & I don't know about heated washer jets... anyone else?

·
Registered
86 Posts
auto wipers can also have their sensitivity adjusted with a collar on the stick. And they do stop when it stops raining, amazing!

Don't think the jets are heated, they are usually one of the last things to defrost on cold winters mornings.

Sadly no way of adjusting the sensitivity of auto headlights (or have i missed the post where someone figured it out?!) But they work well for the most part.

Other things not mentioned, there are hooks in the back for the cargo net, and a £10 one from halfords fits these hooks, so saving on the brouchure price!!

Also the ash tray (near the cig lighter) is removable - so that cubby under/next to the gearstick can be made bigger if needed. Figured this out by mistake by pulling it to hard, thought i had broken it!!

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Wow, I'm gonna find a dark place asap & check it out. I like my car even more now! ;)

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
You can see it in action here.

Nice Picture Pottsy, what is the "box" on top of your dashboard, is it a GPS spped camera alert ?

Oh by the way I did'nt notice if the blue ambiant light is linked to the dashboard light dimmer. Did you ?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Nice Picture Pottsy, what is the "box" on top of your dashboard, is it a GPS spped camera alert ?

Oh by the way I did'nt notice if the blue ambiant light is linked to the dashboard light dimmer. Did you ?
It is linked to the dimmer - and this is in the window. It must be "link to old threads day" today!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts